13. talks

~~~~♛~~~~

You and Arthur walked along the shoreline outside of Clemens Point

You and Arthur walked along the shoreline outside of Clemens Point. You played with your nails, anxious to talk to Arthur about everything that's has happened recently. He looked down and noticed the stressed look on your face, he frowned. "What's going on y/n?" He asked.

You stopped walking and saw a log laying by the water. "Can we sit?" You asked him. He nodded.

You both sat down and you chewed on your lip, not looking at Arthur. "I really need someone to talk to about something."

"You know I'm always here to help you." Arthur responded.

You sighed. "If Dutch says he's going to do something, does he do it?"

Arthur chuckled. "Dutch says a lot of things, some are true and some aren't." He looks at you and notices you aren't laughing, his face straightens. "What did he say?"

You knew there was no easy way to tell Arthur about yours and Dutch's relationship. You just had to flat out tell him. You just hoped he wouldn't react badly.

"Okay I just need to say this. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but I really need to talk to someone about it, and your the only person I trust." You started. Arthur raised an eyebrow to let you know he was listening. You shift in your seat. "Dutch and I have some sort of secret relationship going on."

You didn't really know if it was a "relationship", you had no clue what it was, but it was the best way to explain it to Arthur.

He looked at you, a shocked expression painted on his face from the news he just heard.

"Before you say anything, let me tell you everything." You pled. His face relaxed and he nodded, not saying anything.

"It started with him just saying a few flirty comments. Then the day he went with me to get Anastasia, he started to flirt a little more. The next day I went out with him again and he kissed me." You pause to try and read Arthur's face, but you couldn't tell what he was thinking. "Sean's party was that night, and I saw him with Molly. I had no idea they were together. I'll admit I got jealous and was flirting with Javier to make him upset. We talked about what happened at the party and I told him he had to break up with Molly if he wanted to be with me. He said he would, but he still wanted our relationship to be a secret. But he hasn't done anything yet."

A silence fell as Arthur processed everything you just told him. "Hell, you just got here and your already in the middle of a shitstorm." He chuckled.

You let out a sigh of relief at his reaction, at least he wasn't mad.

"I really appreciate you telling me. I promise your secret, and his, is safe with me. But I'm going to be honest with you since you deserve the truth." He said looking away from you.

"Dutch... he's complicated. You never truly know what's going on in his head. I think he hasn't ended it with Molly because he likes the security she provides. He won't cut her off until he knows you're what he wants. He likes you, he wouldn't have allowed just anyone to join us on the fishing trip today." You blush at his statement. "So I think if you just keep being your badass self, you won't have a problem." He smiles.

He starts again. "About him wanting to keep it a secret, I'm not sure what that's about. Don't let him take advantage of you y/n, stand up to him and make it know you won't settle for that."

You smile. "Thank you Arthur. It feels good to finally talk about it. I'm just hoping I'm not making a mistake."

"You'll figure it out with time. Just be patient and see what happens." He responded.

You nod. You took in everything he said. His advice was just what you needed to hear. You were just going to go with the flow and not focus on just Dutch. If he wanted you, he would make a move.

"You give really good relationship advice Mr. Morgan, you must have been in love once or twice." You said nudging Arthur.

He let out a laugh. "Not stories for today little one, let's head back."

You chuckle and stand up. He starts to walk back towards the direction of camp but you stop him. You pull him into a hug. "Thank you" you whisper.

He hugs you back. "Come on." He says smiling and starting to walk again.

You arrive back to camp with Arthur's arm over your shoulder, you both laughing loudly. Dutch stood at the edge of his tent watching you both.

"He's looking, show him what he's missing." Arthur whispered. You nudged him in the side.

Dutch started walking towards you and Arthur. Arthur's arm left you shoulder as you walked towards him.

"Me and Bill are going into town tomorrow to talk to the Sheriff, see what we can get out of him. I want you two to meet us there." Dutch explained.

Dutch's eyes scanned both of your faces, but lingered longer on you. You held eye contact, leading to him looking away first.

"We'll be there. I'm heading out to hunt, I'll see you two later." Arthur said before walking towards his horse, leaving you and Dutch.

"How did you enjoy your day Miss. l/n?" Dutch asked.

"It was nice, I loved hearing about all your old stories." You chuckled.

He smiled. "I'll tell you more, if you teach me a little German."

"Maybe, if your nice enough." You smirked.

He looked away and chuckled. "We'll see about that. Have a good night Miss l/n."

"You too Dutch." You said before walking towards the girls, who were sitting chatting.

"You and Arthur?" Karen yelled while pulling you down to sit next to her. You laughed. "No, ain't really my type."

"Cmon, he's real cute!" Mary-Beth said.

"That Mary Gillis girl sure thought so. Or is her name Linton now? I believe she got married." Karen said.

"Mary?" You asked, not hearing the name before. Karen smirked, "oh do we have stories to tell you!"