Chapter forty three : Acting differently?

Mirajane ruffled out her fringe as she walked down the hotel stairs. She was going out on a date with Laxus, after their successful prank. Just thinking about it again made Mirajane chuckle. So, the two were going out to a restaraunt not far from the hotel, called the tree house. Mirajane had specifically chose it, but she wasn't expecting it to be for her.

She was in a plain black qipao dress, the buttons were blue and the dress reached her ankles. It had a slit up the side showing her guild mark. Her hair was let down and so was her fringe. 

She stepped down onto the halls floor then walked outside of the hotel to find Laxus leaning by the wall with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He looked as usual mostly, purple jeans, black shirt and his black fur coat. He looked up when noticing Mirajane standing there, a small smile tugged on his face "hey Mira."

Mirajane smiled "Laxus."

He raised his eyebrows "you look nice."

"Thank you." Mirajane made a light curtsy. "Should we be going then?"

"Sure." Laxus pushed off of the wall and walked over to Mirajane. Mirajane smiled "it's just 5 minutes away so we'll just walk."

Laxus nodded and the two began walking along the street. It was a cool evening, the street lights were on and few people were out. They walked next to each other and Laxus suddenly said "so..."

"So?" Mirajane asked.

"I don't know how to do this." He shrugged putting his hands in his pockets "normally a dates you ask stuff, but I know almost everything about you. I've known you for years now."

Mirajane furrowed her eyebrows "well, how about we try find something out that we don't know about each other?"

"Like what." Laxus asked.

Mirajane shrugged "favourite movie?"

"Don't watch movies."

Mirajane sighed "you're no fun."

Laxus shot her a glare "hey."

"Sorry, sorry." Mirajane laughed and then pointed across the road "there it is."

Laxus followed where she was pointing, it was the tree house. It was one of those fancy prancy restaurants, in Laxus' opinion anyway. The building had huge clear windows and the building was painted all black. Then there were vines and leaved crawling up the building, it said 'THE TREEHOUSE,' in big gold writing.

They crossed the road and Laxus pushed open the golden handle holding the door for Mirajane then walked inside. A waiter immediately appeared and smiled "hello, do you have reservations?"

Mirajane nodded "yes under Strauss."

The woman nodded. She had blonde hair tied back with a pen sticking through her hair, it was classy waiter uniform; white shirt and black trousers or skirts. "Follow me." The waitress then spun around and weaved through the tables, she was fast. Mirajane and Laxus followed and then Mirajane quickly stopped after the waitress halted abruptly. "Here's your table." The woman smiled.

Mirajane looked at the table, it was a very nice table by the window, the view was the wooden bridge. Mirajane just caught the waitress zooming off by glancing quickly, that waitress really moved fast. Mirajane pulled out the black leather chair and sat herself down, Laxus sat in front of her, he said "that girl is fast."

Mirajane nodded "she certainly is. It's impressive."

Laxus frowned "really beca-" He stopped when he spotted the waitress appear again in front of their table. She had a notepad in her hand and pen at the ready "what drinks would you like?"