Chapter thirty two : It isn't a date!

Lucy sat in her bedroom with a light pen.

She was writing out ideas of what she should by people for Christmas. She was stuck on what to get for Natsu, the obvious choice would be food of course but she felt like she had to give him something more meaningful than something so easy and simple as food.

Lucy thought it was a puzzle.

She threw away some ideas, she thought of clothes but that was just like getting him food, she thought of tickets somewhere but Natsu didn't really go to big events, but she did consider making him something instead.

Lucy groaned and got up. "Let's just wing it."

Lucy grabbed her jacket and wrapped herself up tight and then headed out of her room.

She headed out down the corridor and down the stairs then to the lobby and out of the hotel. People were outside all wrapped up bustling around going in and out of shops. Lucy decided to go head out to the shops for things she knew she was going ot buy for people.

***

Lucy had bought almost everything.

She was currently in an art shop because she thought Mirajane should have a nicer journal than her dull brown one. And yes, Mirajane still had a journal.

A cute flowery diary caught her eyes so she picked it up and went to the line to buy it. But then something else caught her eye. She stopped and turned to look at the object on the shelf. It was a plain sketchbook to put pictures in.

That was it.

It seemed perfect for Natsu. In his and Happy's house she remembered his wall with all of his job requests and things he picked up on the way. That was it. She grabbed the sketchbook and then walked around the shop grabbing sequins, buttons, ribbons anything she thought would look nice.

Lucy then went to the check out and bought everything and hastily made it back to the hotel.

***

Lucy was in the main room because her room was too small.

She had the blank book in front of her and then scissors, glue, sequins, buttons and other things all around her.

She also had some job requests in a pile because she asked Mirajane if she had them. It's like Mirajane is a walking and talking job request board...

Most of the other's were out doing last minute shopping. Levy however was all organized and was currently in the room with Lucy standing on a chair and then a stack of books on top of that chair reaching up to try wrap lights around the walls.

Levy had tinsel wrapped around her ready to put up on the walls "you know that's a really good idea. But you know you have just been sitting staring at the blank book for 10 minutes you need to actually put pictures in it."

Lucy rolled her eyes "I know that I just don't know how to start."

"Why not do it in chronological order?" Levy balanced on one foot stretching over to the corner twisting the lights around the nail.

"That's a good idea! You'll need to help me because there is a lot of pictures here from before I joined Fairy Tail."

"Sure, just ask me though I am in deep concentration." Levy was fixing up the lights.

Lucy laughed and got to work on the book...

***

Lucy wiped her forehead and grinned. "It's finished."

Levy jumped off of her chair and grinned at the Christmas lights around the room. She then walked over to Lucy and the sketchbook leaning down and grinning "that is awesome Lu!"