Chapter thirty : Want to dance? (part 2)

After a while everyone switched around partners.

Juvia danced with Gajeel, Gray danced with Lucy, Natsu danced with Erza, Levy danced with Jet and Jellal danced with Meredy.

As Juvia and Gajeel passed Lucy and Gray dancing Juvia whispered into Lucy's ear "Juvia has her eye on you love rival."

Lucy sighed just as they moved away she mumbled to herself "I guess some things never change."

Other people dancing were Mira and Laxus, Lisanna and Bickslow, Wendy and Romeo, Bisca and Alzack, Asuka and Makarov, Carla and Happy, Bacchus and Cana, Evergren and Elfman and Laki and Max.

***

 Jellal danced around with Meredy.

Meredy sighed "Ultear would have loved this."

Jellal raised his eyebrows "I wouldn't have thought Ultear was one for..." He searched in his head for a word "social things."

Meredy smiled "well she was a wanted criminal she couldn't exactly go into social places. But if she wasn't she would have loved this..." Meredy trailed off thinking about her.

Jellal simply replied "well let's have fun for her."

Someone tapped Jellal's shoulder. He turned and saw Lyon standing there he said "may I cut in... Mystogan?" He smirked at Mystogan, he must know he is Jellal.

Jellal turned and nodded to Meredy. She nodded back knowing the plan. Jellal turned back and nodded "of course." He then walked off of the floor.

Lyon took Meredy's hand and waist then danced slowly.

Lyon said "Meredy."

Meredy nodded "Lyon."

Lyon said "at the dragon attacks I obviously couldn't have gone to the magic council about you."

Meredy glared at him ready to leave "and will you know?"

Lyon shook his head "no."

"Why?"

"You were a child and I know you're in Crime Sorciere taking down Dark Guilds you've clearly changed since Grimoire Heart."

Meredy smiled "I have."

"I do have a question though, why did I see you climbing down the castle?"

Meredy grinned "well I wasn't invited and didn't have a seat and how weird would it look if I just stood there."

Lyon smirked "touche."

They laughed and waltzed to the music.

***

Rogue flicked his eyes over to the Mermaid Heel table. Kagura sat by herself since everyone else was dancing. He saw Millianna dancing with Toby from Lamia Scale... a cat and a dog dancing? Rogue smiled to himself.

"Rogue."

Rogue looked down at Frosch who was in his usual frog onesie but with a black bow tie... Rogue asked "what is it?"

Frosch pointed at Kagura. "Fro thinks you should dance with her."

Rogue cocked his head "you never say what you think you only agree with what other people think?" He raised his eyebrows.

Frosch shrugged "Fro thinks you should dance with her."

Rogue laughed and rolled his eyes "why do you want me to dance with her so much?" 

"Fro thinks you looked really happy talking to Kagura, Fro thinks she looked really happy too." Frosch grinned. He then added "Fro thinks you would be good together."