Chapter forty four : Let's not give children nightmares

Mirajane looked around shielding her eyes. The man didn't tell her where her daughter was. She turned a corner in the upstairs and saw a door with pink writing saying 'CARA'S ROOM. NO BOYS ALLOWED.' The letters were beginning to catch fire.

A wooden post crashed down in front of Mirajane. She coughed and put out her hand spraying it over with water. She decided against turning the door knob because it would be burning hot so instead she kicked down the door.

After the door crashed onto the pink carpet the flames crawled into the room. Smoke had came in through the cracks on the door and there lying under the bed was a small girl coughing and crying. Mirajane ran over to her. The girl gasped and scrambled away.

Mirajane smiled "hi, Cara right?"

The girl sniffed and nodded.

"I'm here to help you get out of here." More crashes began and Mirajane said "come on can you let me help you? Your mommy, daddy and brother are already outside, they need to see you."

The girl sniffed and nodded crawling out of the bed. Mirajane picked her up. She had blonde hair in pigtails and pink pyjamas on with pigs flying. Mirajane tried to calm her down "how old are you?"

"Four." She coughed.

Mirajane looked at her "soon enough you'll be a grown up like me. Do you think you can be calm and stay on my back while we go?"

She nodded. "Okay." She sniffed again and wiped her nose.

Mirajane turned her onto her back and Cara wrapped her arms around Mirajane's neck and legs around her waist. "Hold on tight sweetie." Mirajane turned to go for the window but the book case caught fire and crashed in front of it. Mirajane shielded Cara. Mirajane couldn't push it away just now and if she went Satan Soul Cara would just get afraid and not go with her.

Mirajane bit her lip and then ran past the flames and outside the room. She followed the way she came and paused at the stairs. She looked back and saw the flames engulfing the girls house. Mirajane looked down and saw Cara holding a small pig cuddly toy.

She began slowly walking down the wooden stairs unsure if they were safe or not, the next step she put her weight on creaked and then snapped. Mirajane gasped and quickly moved forwards landing frontwards so Cara was safe. Mirajane groaned and stood back up. She peered through the flames and saw Laxus and Cara's family looking through. 

Mirajane put out her hand and used water canon on the hallway creating a path. Mirajane saw Laxus waiting for her to get out. Mirajane got to the exit but heard a creak above her, their was two shelves next to the door and a big curtain rack. It was going to collapse and block the exit. 

Mirajane unlatched Cara from her and said "you're going to fly for a second okay? But you'll be fine, my friend will catch you okay?"

She looked confused but nodded. Mirajane quickly swung Cara and threw her to Laxus out of the house. Laxus caught her confusedly, then realized what was going on. "Mira!"

The curtain rack fell and caught on the two shelves. They crashed down at the door which was knocked down and the wall crumbled around the exit. It exploded and Mirajane blew back into the wall. She coughed as she gasped in a large amount of smoke.

Mirajane groaned and stood up looking around for an exit. The living room was blocked, the kitchen too no windows. Mirajane ran up the stairs and almost slipped as the step broke, she pulled herself back up and saw a window. Mirajane jutted out her elbow and hit the glass breaking it. She poked her head out and saw Laxus looking up. Cara was hugging her mother tightly.

The fire services had arrived and hurriedly got out of the truck to get the hose. Mirajane swung her legs out of the window and looked down, it was really high.