Chapter thirty nine : Pranks

Juvia opened her eyes after she felt someone touching her hair. She rolled over in her bed and saw Gray lying there next to her stroking her blue hair gently. 

Then yesterdays events all came back into her head and  in her head she was jumping up and down all over the place with glee.  But she kept her calm face and smiled at Gray and rested her head on her pillow.

It was a single bed, so legs and arms were all tangled together, Juvia then noticed something and looked past Gray and saw her box with her letters open, Juvia whispered "did you look at Juvia's letters?"

Gray nodded "I'm sorry."

Juvia put her hand on the back of Gray's head and tangled her fingers in his navy hair "it's okay." Gray smiled.

"What time is it?" Juvia asked.

Gray turned his head and looked at the clock on her bed side table "it's nine."

Juvia gasped and sat up holding the bed sheet against her chest "if Juvia doesn't get ready soon she'll be late!"

"Late for what?" Gray asked.

Juvia turned slowly and said "promise Juvia you won't get angry?"

"I promise." Gray said, he looked at her pretty face curiously, where was she going?

"Juvia is going out to meet Sol and Aria with Totomaru." She bit her lip, she didn't want them to get in an argument again.

Gray sighed "why?"

"Juvia misses them, she knows Totomaru does too. So Juvia and Totomaru want to meet with Aria and Sol, just to talk for a while about things." 

"Does Gajeel know?"

Juvia shook her head "he didn't really like them, he thought they were weird. Also if Juvia did tell him Juvia knows he wouldn't let me go."

Gray didn't know what to do. He didn't want an argument but he was worried "what if something happens what if they do something to you, why don't I come." He started to get up.

Juvia reached out and put her hand on his chest and stopped him, she smiled warmly "they're Juvia's old friends. Juvia will be fine. Gray, can you trust Juvia please?"

Gray looked up at her, her calm caring face, also mixed with confidence, at that moment looking at her he sighed knowing he was defeated "fine, but if Gajeel asks me where you want I won't lie."

"Thank you" she smiled "Juvia will be back at one o'clock."

Gray nodded "okay. Please be careful." 

Juvia smiled and said "Juvia will."

He grinned and grabbed her hand bringing her back down on the pillow softly, he reached forward and slipped his hand around her waist and kissed her, Juvia smiled and got lost in the kiss. But then she came back to reality "okay we can't just now Juvia needs to go." Juvia climbed out of bed and padded her feet towards the wardrobe, she opened it up and put on some blue shorts and a tank top.

Gray smiled and watched her getting ready thinking of how beautiful she looked.

Juvia turned a little and Gray saw her blushing madly, did he say that out loud? Crap. She then went into the bathroom and brushed her teeth and other lady things Gray thought.

As she did so Gray decided to get up. He picked up his clothes and put them back on. If the girls were up they would catch him. And no doubt Erza would be awake, he wasn't sure about Levy but Lucy w/ould most likely still be sound asleep.

Juvia came back out with her hair nicely brushed and brushed teeth. She noticed Gray had changed "they're going to notice."

"You don't say." Gray said.