Epilogue

Gajeel's eye slowly opened up followed by the other to see the ray's of sunlight streaming through onto the wooden floorboards. His eyes traveled up along the white bed sheets seeing the large book open with a tiny hand rested on top of the pages. His eyes got further up travelling his eyes along the porcelain arm to stop on the beautiful sleeping face. His fiancee's red glasses were lopsided on her nose with her mouth slightly open.

Gajeel's mouth turned up into a smile and he gently retracted his strong arm from her tiny waist. Levy needed her sleep. But her alarm would go off soon enough.

He pushed the covers off of his body and found his white t-shirt to put on. After slipping it on he swung his feet round and got off the bed. Gajeel walked around the bed and pried the book from Levy's hands putting her bookmark in the open page. He closed it over and sat it by the table. After that he crouched down a little and gently pulled off her glasses sitting them on top of the book.

Gajeel remembered how he proposed.

-

Levy was sitting in the living room with a cup of hot tea beside her. She flipped the page on her new book, her red glasses were on the bridge of her nose.

"Shut it cat!" Levy heard Gajeel shout.

Levy frowned lifting her eyes away from the pages "is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah fine!" Gajeel shouted back.

Levy nodded and craned her neck back down to her book. What was he up to?

She heard footsteps and the creak of their new floorboards. From just above she could see Gajeel coming through, he stopped in front of her. Levy kept her nose in the book asking "is something wrong?"

"Oi shrimp." Gajeel called.

Levy frowned looking up "don't call me-" She stopped when she saw him standing there with a book in his hands facing it to her. "Is that for me?"

"Yeah."

Levy read the title, 'Wizard Magic.' "I already have this?"

Gajeel sighed "just open it."

Levy frowned but nodded, she pushed her glasses up her nose then took the large book in her tiny hands. She opened the book and gasped, there was a hole in the pages, shaped like a neat square. But when she looked in she saw a ring?

Levy reached her hand into the hole and pulled out the ring. It was made of iron, a small neat ring with minuscule diamond shapes around the ring.

When she looked up she saw Gajeel take the ring from her hand and was down on one knee. Levy's mouth was open, no words came out of her mouth.

"We've been together for bout' a year or so, and I love you. So I thought screw it."

Levy knew her eyes were going glassy with water. She let out a little laugh from his words.

"So, Levy shrimp McGarden, will you marry me?"

-

Levy's mouth twitched a little but then she sunk further into the pillow. Gajeel smirked and then left their bedroom. Their bedroom was a mix of books and nails. He went down the wooden stairs to the living room and found Lily sitting on the cream coloured sofa. He looked up "good morning."

"Morning." Gajeel stretched and let out a deep yawn. He raked a hand through his long black hair then said "I'll make breakfast what do you want?"

Lily shrugged "anything is fine. We should get to the guild soon."