Chapter six : Rock climbing

Lucy groaned and woke up with Erza inches away from her face the smell of strawberries lingering from her. "Time to get up Lucy." She instructed.

And so Lucy did as told getting herself up lazily walking out to the main room finding the other three already changed and ready. Jeez how long had she been sleeping for? And how was Levy up and awake looking so giddy, Lucy knew every night she stayed up late reading.

It was 11:45 just now so each of them parted ways to go to where they were told and to do God knows what Mirajane had devised for them.

When Lucy arrived in the leisure centre Natsu and Mirajane were there waiting on her, Natsu was sitting down looking at the ceiling. Mira rubbed her hands together "good you're both here early so first I need to tie your wrists together. It prevents you from using magic so you don't cheat." The two of them just groaned and let Mira tie their wrists together with rope she gave it a tight double knot making Lucy know she'd end up getting rope burns.

Lucy thought something was missing and then she remembered "where's Happy?"

Natsu scratched his head "he went out somewhere with Carla and Lily." Somehow she could see he almost felt betrayed by Happy going to the White transforming feline.

"So your challenge is to make it to the top of the rock climbing wall!" Mirajane pointed to the left of them. As they turned their mouths grew wider in shock, the wall was so tall! It was like three ugly Virgo's on top of each other, there were hand and foot holds sure but that did not encourage her in any way.

"YWe got this!" Natsu started to limber up.

As they turned back to Mirajane they realized she had already disappeared, "probably after her next target." Lucy muttered under her breath.

A note was stuck to the wall which read:
'If you do this in under;
5 mins-30 points
10 mins-20 points
15 mins-10 points
20 mins-5 points
You are against the other teams and at the end of the resort the team with the most points will win and get a prize.
Mira x'

A stopwatch dangled from one of the rocks.

Natsu darted forward dragging Lucy along  by the ropes tying them together, he started the stopwatch and put it in his pocket. "Let's go!"

They ran forward and began ascending the wall. Lucy gripped a blue hand hold pushing up on the yellow foothold, she got into a consistent movement of grabbing blue hand holds and pushing on yellow footholds. But it was still hard to do so with Natsu raring ahead.

Lucy brung her free hand up and around into a smaller rock but Natsu accidentally tugged ahead making her tied wrist hand loose grip making her slip. She tried to push back up with her feet on the rocks but then her other hand slipped away making her feet unbalanced.

She yelped and slipped off the rocks. She expected to fall but remembered her wrist tied to Natsu's so instead she was like a dangling pinata.  Natsu held on a rock with his free hand and with the tied one grabbed Lucy's hand holding her up.

"Come on try find somewhere to put your feet." Natsu said calmly, he hadn't realized she was struggling to keep up. So now he would give her all the time she needed because him zooming ahead would result in some disaster.

Lucy nodded being filled with determination she moved her foot around until it clipped on a rock. She pushed herself up on the rock then grabbed onto a rock with her hands.

"That's it!" Natsu gave a grin towards her and Lucy returned with a smile.

And they worked together, telling each other good places to climb onto and slowly but surely making their way up the wall. They reached the top, hauling themselves over. Lucy was thankful for a solid floor.

Natsu stopped the timer and frowned at it.

Lucy then babbled at him "oh no I'm so sorry it's all my fault because I slipped. I shouldn't have been so clumsy. Oh Natsu I'm sorry I don't know why you got landed with me for your partner I'm such a-"

Natsu clamped his hand over her mouth. She tried to push it off but he didn't budge.

He grinned "we did it in 4 minutes and 56 seconds!"

The rope on their wrists suddenly loosened and fell off. They barely noticed as they cheered and high fived. Natsu and Lucy then quickly went down the stairs round the back place of the wall to meet up with the others. 

Lucy looked ahead at Natsu bounding ahead, they really truly worked well together. And when she was in need of a safe place she knew that this was the safest place to be and to have no worries, just safeness. 

'Once your task is complete come and meet at the main lobby.'

Natsu and Lucy walked into the lobby to see Gray and Juvia soaked and looking upset, Jellal and Erza covered in mud, Gajeel and Levy covered in dust and Romeo and Wendy had sauce and cheese splattered on their clothes.

Lucy walked over to Erza, Juvia and Levy. She raised her eyebrows giving a look that said what happened to you guys?

"Well..." Each of them said.

***

There's chapter six! I hope you enjoyed it. While I was on holiday I actually wrote 7 more chapters in my notebook. I didn't want to waste my charge so I wrote it. So now ill type it all in for you guys!

Please comment and vote!

~Rebecca