Chapter forty one : Mount Hakobe (part 2)

She was standing by the hole showing the view. Lucy screamed and fell out of the window and she plummeted downwards to nothing in the battering wind. She heard Natsu shout for her but the further she fell the quieter his voice was.

Lucy scrambled to find her keys. Lucy felt around her belt but felt nothing.Lucy shouted "where are my keys?" She couldn't find them anywhere.

Lucy felt her stomach lurch, was this it? She didn't want it to end, not ever. She had a home, she had Fairy Tail, she had her spirits, she had Natsu.

A bright flaming light came towards her and...

And.

***

Something hot wrapped around Lucy's ankles. It looked like a whip but in flames, it must be Natsu Lucy thought. 

The flaming rope caught her fall and was wrapped tightly around her ankle, Lucy was hanging upside down thanking herself for not wearing a skirt. She asked herself "why are the flames not burning me?" She shrugged just thankful to not have died. 

She sighed in relief and then felt herself being brought back up. Lucy was pulled back up and Natsu quickly ran to her and grabbed her hand releasing the flames and pulling her back into the cave, Natsu mumbled "you're heavy."

Lucy shouted "hey! I am not!"

Natsu shrugged and grinned "are you okay?"

"I'm fine now, but how did the flames not burn me?" Lucy asked.

Natsu tapped his chin and then shrugged "I don't know. I'm glad you're okay though." He smiled and her.

Lucy asked "but what happened to the..." She looked past Natsu and saw the Vulcan beaten up and unconsciouss against the wall "you could have gone a little bit easier."

"No. You could have died so I kicked his ass." He looked serious even though his words weren't exactly the same as his face.

Lucy smiled "I'm fine! Look nothing broken." She shook her arms and then legs. Lucy was actually trying to cheer him up.

Natsu shook his head "you can be a weirdo sometimes." He turned around and folded his arms behind his head walking away unaware of Lucy making silly faces at him.

 Lucy wobbled a little and sat down "that hurt my head." She groaned and rested her head on her hand then ungracefully fell/sat down by Natsu.

Natsu put his hand on her shoulder "Lucy are you sure you're okay?"

Lucy nodded "I just need to get my head together." She closed her eyes and rested her head against the cool wall.

 Natsu sat patiently waiting for Lucy to get herself together and then she finally sat up and smiled "well that happened."

He laughed "yeah that did happen."

"Where's that sandwich?" Lucy asked. She spotted it on the blanket and grabbed it then threw Natsu's sandwich to him which he caught. She said "where do we go from here?"

Natsu shrugged "what's your favourite colour?"

Lucy laughed at such a ludicrous question "pink. What's yours?"

"Ummm, yellow." He glanced at Lucy's hair "Oh! If you're apartment was on fire and you could only take 3 things what would you take?"

"Three things? That's silly." Lucy rolled her eyes. She looked over at Natsu pouting and sighed "fine, uhh well my keys but then they would already be on my belt. Let's see... my novel, the letters to my mum and... thepictureofus." She ended it quickly.