Chapter thirty four : Looking for a needle in a haystack

Soon it would be Christmas.

Yukino knew what she was going to get Sting. 

Sting had been pretty grumpy for the last few days because he lost his earring. She was unsure what kind of special connection he had with the earring but it looked like it did mean something to him from the way he has been acting. 

So Yukino had spent the whole day searching the whole hotel for it. She was searching for a needle in a haystack. Yukino was filthy. She had gotten her clothes all dirty and her nails were chipped off from searching the place.

"Yukino?"

Yukino turned around and saw Orga and Rufus standing there.

"Rufus, Orga."

Orga raised his eyebrows "what are you doing?"

"Well Sting lost his earring so I'm looking for it." Yukino added "I thought it would be a good Christmas present since he's been down after he lost it."

Rufus smirked. 

Orga reached in his pocket and took a picture of Yukino.

"What was that for?" Yukino pouted.

"I'm showing this to Sting on Christmas if you manage to find it or you don't." Orga grinned and put his phone back into his pocket.

Yukino sighed.

Rufus said "have you checked the roof?"

"No, why the roof?"

"I remember Sting said he was going up to the roof a few days ago."

"Thank you Rufus. Come help me check the roof will be huge."

They both nodded and followed Yukino up to the roof's stairs of the hotel. Yukino pushed open the doors. It was cold. And there was a layer of snow on the roof. Yukino shivered, she was just in a t-shirt and slim fitting joggers, she forgot to put on shoes.

Yukino said "I'll take the left side." Rufus and Orga nodded and looked around to the right.

Yukino made footsteps through the snow and stopped seeing footstep marks going along to the corner of the roof. They looked like Sting's boots. She ran towards the corner of the roof and kneeled down digging through the snow to find his earring. Her feet were getting numb in the snow and so were her fingers. Yukino dug through the snow still at the corner but couldn't see it.

Yukino leaned over the roof to look at the view. A glint caught her eyes. And there on a window ledge was Sting's earring.

"I found it!" Yukino shouted.

Rufus and Orga went over to her and leaned across Orga said "I'm not that into heights."

"How do you expect to reach it?" Rufus asked.

It was far down. She would need to lean over and grab it. It would be too dangerous to try and get a hook of some sort and get it with that. That could lead to her accidentally hitting it and it would fall to the ground, it was crystal it could shatter.

Libra was out of commission for a while after a job she went on. She would have helped a lot since she had gravity change. Picses was also out for the count.

She couldn't use Frosch or Lector they were out Christmas shopping and mostly everyone else was out doing that too.

Yukino shrugged "can you guys do anything?"

Orga shook his head.

Rufus shook his head too.

"Well grab my ankles and I'll lean over and get it."