Chapter twenty three : The eventful date

"I am not wearing that."

"Oh come on!" Mira whined.

Levy shook her head "look it's Gajeel it will probably just be a casual thing, that sparkly dress would not suit a date unless you are super rich and also that dress is the ugliest thing I have ever laid my eyes on." Levy crinkled her nose at it.

Mira sighed and tossed the dress away "fine..." she went to pick up another dress but Levy stopped her. "Mira I can handle this on my own but thank you for the help."

Mira nodded and smiled "okay then have a good date then!"

Levy nodded and Mira left.

Mira then popped her head back through the door and gave her an evil glare "don't mess this up." Instantly her evil face disappeared and went back to her smiling face "bye!" She then left.

Levy sighed and looked in her wardrobe, her heart was beating rapidly and she was shaking she couldn't control her nerves.

Levy ignored the butterflies in her stomach and picked out her usual orange dress, her hairband and red shoes. 

It was 10 minutes until she was to meet Gajeel at the pond.

Levy left her room and found Erza and Lucy sitting in the main room chatting. Lucy looked up and grinned at Levy "excited?"

"More like nervous."

Erza said "don't worry it will be perfectly fine Levy."

Levy asked "where is Juvia?"

Lucy sighed "she is creating a master plan for her fight with Natsu."

"Oh I'll try make it back in time so I can see it! No doubt Gajeel will want to check it out anyway."

Erza nodded in agreement.

"Thanks, well I'm going to go down."

Erza looked over at the clock on the wall "but your 10 minutes early?" Erza raised her eyebrows quizzically at Levy.

Levy shrugged "I like being early."

Lucy grinned and said "well have a good date!"

Levy smiled wearily back and left. She closed the girls room door and put her head against it taking deep breaths "relax."

She stood up straight and walked along the corridor and down the steps to the main lobby. She pushed open the main doors and saw the pond. She reached the pond and as usual she was first there. Levy sighed and sat down by the pond and decided to read her book. Levy brought out a romance novel that might help her for a date.

Levy crossed her legs and started to read...

Levy was engrossed in the book, she loved it. The chapters were quite long so she was only on the first chapter 5 minutes later she finished the chapter and looked up and saw Gajeel sitting right next to her staring at her.

"Ah!" Levy shouted.

Gajeel laughed at her.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"About 5 minutes shortstack."

"B-but you're never on time- Wait! Hey don't call me that!" Levy pouted.

Gajeel ignored her and stood up he took her wrist and pulled her up too. "Well let's go." Gajeel then started to stride away so Levy ran up to him to catch up "so where are we going?"

Gajeel grinned "I can't tell you that."

"What why?"

"Because it's a secret."