Chapter forty : Mount Hakobe (Part 1)

Lucy tapped her feet nervously waiting by the hotel doors. Was she overdressed? Did her breath stink? Was something on her face? What if Natsu didn't show up? Lucy was waiting by the hotel doors in the same black dress she wore when Natsu asked to meet him at the tree a while back, she thought it was a date, which it wasn't and it ended disastrously.

She raised her eyes to the clock in the lobby, she was actually a little too early because she is actually a little too nervous. They were meant to meet and 10 am, she arrived ten minutes earlier but now it was almost 10 am.

A figure was walking down the stairs, Lucy looked over and saw Natsu there walking down them looking as casual as he usually did. She crossed her fingers hoping he wasn't actually going to ask for Virgo to dig a hole by that tree.

Natsu spotted her and walked over to her "hey Luce!"

Lucy smiled "hey Natsu." Was she supposed to do something? She had actually never even been on a date. "So..."

Natsu frowned "will you be okay in that dress for where we are going?"

"Where are we going?" She inquired.

"Remember the first mission we went on? Well not the first official mission on the board..."

"Do you mean... Mount Hakobe?" Lucy said with fear in her voice.

Natsu grinned "yep! So I suggest you change into warmer clothes!"

Lucy muttered "I thought it was a date." She got up to go back to her room but Natsu grabbed her shoulder and spun her back around "hey who said it wasn't a date? Not all dates are in fancy restaurants Lucy."

Her face lifted and she nodded "okay give me  few minutes to change." Lucy ran back up the stairs to her room and opened it up running straight to her room. She threw on thick black leggings, black boots, a pink t-shirt, a long brown coat. Lucy ran back out ignoring the three girls staring at her bewildered and back down to the lobby.

Lucy arrived by Natsu and said "won't you be cold?"

Natsu shook his head "no, so let's go! Our train is in 20 minutes!"

Lucy nodded and they left the hotel and for the train station...

The two arrived at the train station and were boarding the train. Natsu and Lucy found a booth and sat down across from each other. "How long is the ride?" Lucy asked.

"An hour." Natsu said looking nervously around the booth "I didn't want to wake up Wendy to give me troia because I would feel pretty bad and it doesn't really work that well so I'll have to bear this."

"You didn't have to pick a far place involving a train if you would get sick." Lucy said pointing at him frowning.

Natsu shook his head "but I wanted to go to Mount Hakobe, it's the first mission we went on so it's special. A random food place isn't."

Lucy blinked, that was actually really sweet. Lucy smiled "thank you. That is really thoughtful. And thank you because you are about to be put through hell, you would do that to go to this place."

The train rumbled and lurched forward. Lucy watched as Natsu's face went from normal to purple, to blue and then to green. He groaned and lay down on the train's booth covering his mouth "I'm going to die."

Lucy laughed watching his face so green, he would do that for her. He would go through the horrors of transportation just to go to where their first mission was. Lucy found herself standing up and sitting next to him. She lifted his head and put it gently on her lap and said "just try bear with it."