In The Labs

In another room, a dark room, full of monitors, there was someone watching the now sleeping child from his chair. He had hidden camera's everywhere. He could see everything what was going on. He had microphones to listen to conversations. He had followed the conversation between the boy and the doctor. He had listened to the talks between the child and the nurse.

There were footsteps coming towards him in a hasty pace. The footsteps stopped.

"Ahh doctor, you are going to give me a status report on the boy?"

"Yes sir"

The man turned around. Seeing an kneeling doctor in front of him.

"Please tell me everything"

"The Nomu child is stable but weak sir. His quirks are stable. But before he can use them, he needs to get stronger. His body can't handle his full potential yet. The collar I gave him helps stabilizing and suppressing his quirks. In time, his collar will not be necessary anymore and he can use his full potential. But as I said before, he needs training"

The man in the chair had a wide grin. He knows it will take years for the boy to get strong, but his plan has started.

"Good, very good. Doctor you did very well with this experiment. But don't call him a Nomu. Even though he is not able to speak yet, he will be one of the greatest assets in my plan"

"But sir, we did the same sort of experiments on him as we did on the Nomu's. Doesn't that make him a Nomu too?"

"You are right. But this boy is special. Let him be the boy he wants to be. Let hem live like he is normal. It will be perfectly fine. Now, go back to your work. I need to take care of someone else"

"Yes Sensei"

The doctor bowed and walked out of the room.

~

The sound of wailing sirens were heard in the background. He heard people screaming and yelling to him to stay awake. He could see glimpses of medical workers above his face. He remembers the sight of heroes clearing a path to an ambulance. But now it was dark. Every image was gone. Only the darkness stayed.

~

Maru woke up with sweat dripping from his forehead. It was just a dream. But it felt so real. What was it? He gasped for air to make himself calm. Slowly breathing in and out. He glanced around his room. It was still as quiet as when he fell asleep. Maru went to the bathroom and splashed some water in his face. It was nice and cold. He dried his face and went to the door. Maru wanted to see Asami. Maybe she will play a bit with him. He still felt lonely after all. He rang the bell, waiting at the door for Asami to come.

He heard steps coming towards his door. The door unlocked and Asami was standing on the other side of the opening.

"Goodmorning sleepyhead. How are you?"

Maru took his chalkboard and wrote that he was lonely.

"Is that why you have summoned me Maru? Do you want to play something?"

He nodded. But he didn't know what to play. He just wanted to be with Asami. She suggested to play some cards. Maru nodded again, smiling at the idea. Asami picked up a deck of cards and they started playing.

Asami talked a lot to him. He wrote things on his board when he needed to answer or wanted to ask a question. Otherwise he signed with his hands or pointed at stuff.

They had played cards for a while. Most of the time Maru had won the game. Asami was good at it but Maru was smarter.

"I need to get going again Maru. You can do whatever you want to do. But you need to behave of course. I will be back when diner is ready"

Maru waved her goodbye and watched her going out of the room. Maru looked around at what to do next. His eyes fell on a little radio on the lower closet. He went to it and turned it on. Music started playing on a low volume. It felt good to have something to listen to. The room is so quiet when he is all alone. With happy feelings Maru went to play with his toys and listen to the music.

The music stopped. He heard someone talking. Maru cocked his head towards the radio to listen to what the person was saying.

"And now its time for the news. The boy who went missing after the incident six months ago, is finally identified. The boy went missing after he was stuck in a fight between The pro hero All Might and a top tier villain. Till this day, All Might is searching for the boy, without any trace of where he could be. The name of the boy is Izu..."

The radio turned in to static sound. Maru wanted to hear about what they were saying. A boy in a fight? Who is this All Might? And even though he didn't hear the name clear, it felt familiar. Izu? Maru shook off his thoughts as the radio played music again.

Asami came back. He didn't know how long it has been. But she was here again. She waved for me to come to her and follow her. We went to a big hall with many tables. It was a cafeteria. She pointed at a table, telling me to sit in it and wait calmly till she comes back with diner.

Maru looked around. He saw all different kind of people. Some looked very scary. The scary looking people had all a uniform and a weapon, meaning they are guards. He saw people with mutation quirks sitting at tables. He saw doctors walking in and out of the big room. His eyes fell on a girl. She was about his age, he thinks. She had blond hair with messy little buns. She looked back at Maru with bright yellow eyes. Maru waved at her. She smiled and run towards him.

"TOGA COME BACK AND EAT" A nurse yelled. People looking up from their food on what was happening.

The girl didn't listen and went sitting across the table. Maru had a little smile on his face. She was very energetic and he liked that.

"Heya! I'm Toga!" She exclaimed happily. Maru picked up his chalkboard and began to write.

{Hi Toga! I am Maru :) }

The girl looked at Maru with a confused face.

"You can't talk?"

{Nope}

"THAT'S SO CUTE O MY GAWD" She shouted in a high pitch voice.

Maru felt himself blushing a bit, looking away from her.

Suddenly the nurse pulled Toga away from the table. She was struggling to stay but the nurse was stronger. She looked sad at the boy still sitting there looking at her. She didn't even go back to her own table but was dragged outside of the cafeteria.

Asami came back with their food. She had been watching to the events that were happening. Now she went sitting on the opposite side of the boy. He looked at her with tears in the corner of his eyes.

{ Where did she go?}

"She was a bad girl. She now gets a punishment for it. I'm sorry Maru"

{ She was nice. I don't want her to be punished}

"You can't determine what is going to happen to her. But I can assure you she will be fine"

{She will?}

"Yes" Asami lied

The couple went eating their dinner and after Maru went back to his room. Asami told him to go and make himself ready for bed. She was going to pick up something and when she was back she would read him a story if he was ready.

Maru quickly changed to his PJ's and went laying in his bed, waiting for the woman to come back. He was happy of the thought of listening to a bed time story.

After Asami came back in his room, she read him a bedtime story. It was a funny story about heroes and villains. The hero wanted to save the world by getting people to his side and create an army of some sort. But others tried to stop him. One of them had a quirk which could be passed on. Making it stronger every generation. All trying to stop the hero.

Maru fell asleep before the end of the story.

"hopefully this manipulation is working sensei" Asami mumbled. She went out of the room to call it the end of the day.