Online Lovers

Luke blushed at the sound of his phone dinging, signaling he received another message from someone. It had been the fifth message in the last ten minutes he had gotten from the same person, his favorite person.

His friends thought it was a little strange that Luke was talking to someone for months and didn't want to meet them. Especially when they lived only miles from each other. But Luke was comfortable this way, and Michael, his special friend, understood.

It's not like Luke was being catfished; they called all the time and facetimed every now and then, along with sending pictures everyday. But Luke had reiterated he wanted to go slow, and Michael would do anything to keep him comfortable.

Luke had to stop responding for a little bit. He just went on his break and only had 30 minutes. He rushed over to a small smoothie store near his work for something to drink. The obnoxious ding of the bell on the door rang throughout the store and gained the attention of one of the workers behind the counter.

She greeted him and took his order before Luke stepped to the side to wait. Glancing around the store, he saw someone rushing around in the back. His eye caught the bright red hair of the boy and his attention was grabbed. He looked a lot like...

Oh. It's Michael.

Luke's heart dropped into his stomach. He didn't think he was ready to meet him yet. He looked around the store in a slight panic and got antsy as he waited for his drink.

Once the nice lady behind the counter gave him his order he left the store in a rush. Luke didn't know what the right thing to do was. He fought with himself on whether or not to go back into the store and get Michael's attention.

He would hate himself forever if he knew he saw the man who made him the happiest he's ever been and passed on the opportunity to talk to him in person. But what if he was awkward around Michael and made him realize Luke wasn't all that? Or possibly say something weird and make Michael uncomfortable?

Luke contemplated the different scenarios that could happen as he sipped on his smoothie. He surprised himself by stopping short and sharply turning around. He made his way back to the smoothie store.

He was going to meet Michael someday. He made Luke smile and feel things he didn't know he would experience. He owed it to him to at least say hello.

The bell rang through the small store once again. This time Luke's eyes met another worker's behind the counter. Michael's.

Butterflies flew around Luke's stomach as a big smile appeared on Michael face, and an inevitable one crept up on Luke's. He made his way to the counter, his eyes never leaving Michael's pretty green ones.

"Hi, stranger." Michael's smile was bright and warm and it lit a fire in Luke. The blush on the blond's cheeks returned.

"Hi, Mikey." His voice was soft and it melted Michael a little. The boy in front of him was gorgeous, even more so in person. Michael felt privileged to have this boy's attention.

"What brings you here?" Michael asked, the smile never leaving his sweet face.

"I'm on my break right now so I was just getting something to drink." Luke explained, fiddling with the now empty smoothie cup.

"You work around here?" Luke nodded.

"Just around the block, actually."

"Well how much time do you have left before you have to get back?" Luke looked at his watch an sighed.

"About ten minutes."

Michael hesitated for a moment. "Would you...do you want me to walk you back?"

"Don't you have to stay here?"

The taller boy shook his head, "Not really. I'm the manager so I can leave for a little bit if I want. Only if you're comfy with it."

Luke nodded, "Sure, of course." He threw away his cup and waited as Michael called out to his coworker that he was leaving.

The butterflies returned as Michael guided Luke out of the store with his hand on his lower back. They made small conversation and asked each other simple questions, having already known a lot about each other.

When they reached the storefront of Luke's job, the pair stopped. "I would love to see you again, preferably for longer than ten minutes." Michael joked.

"Would you want to do something today? I only have another hour." Luke glanced at his watch again.

Michael smiled and nodded, "Absolutely. I'll pick you up from here, okay?"

Luke blushed again and nodded. He hesitated before leaning forward and kissing Michael's cheek. The two boys chuckled and the older waited until Luke was back inside before heading back to his own store, preparing himself for what he would call their first date.

— • — • — • —

i love muke. any one shot ideas?

One Shots | MukeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara