Stray Cat

"Michael, he's back." Luke mumbled, turning away from the sliding glass door that led to their deck.

Michael rushed over to the door, "Really? We haven't seen him in like, two weeks." He got the scooper and filled it with cat food, pouring it into the metal bowl.

He gave Luke the bowl of food, "Give this to him while I get the water."

Michael filled another bowl with cold water. As he was filling it up he heard Luke talking to the cat.

"No no, you can't come in here..n- ugh!"

Michael turned toward Luke and furrowed his eyebrows. "What's wrong?"

He was interrupted when he saw the black cat standing in the kitchen with him. "Aw, no Buddy, you can't be in here.." He gently picked up the cat and brought him back outside.

"He's so skinny..he's skinnier than last time, Michael." Even the blonde boy could tell how light the small cat was.

Michael frowned, "I know, i didn't even need both hands to wrap around his ribs.."

His thoughts were cut off by sniffling. His head shot up towards Luke and he watched at Luke gazed at the small, black cat try to eat the food.

"Baby.."

Luke wiped his eyes, "He's sick, Michael. He can barely eat the food," Luke started to cry, hiding his face in hands, "We need to help him."

Michael brought Luke into his chest, hugging him tightly. "Let me get the cat carrier." He mumbled into Luke's hair.

He returned with the carrier, bringing it outside where the cat was. It was fairly easy to get the black cat into the crate since he was already very friendly.

"Let's take him to the vet."

— • — • —

"Michael look at him!" Luke exclaimed as he watched the cat, whose name is now Cole, eat the food from the bowl.

The only difference was that Cole was inside this time.

The couple watched as Cole ate his food without a problem, eventually jumping on the couch and laid down on Luke's lap as he began to knead into his sweatpants.

Luke pet the cat's soft head, listening to him purr. The blonde leant his head back to rest against Michael's chest.

"I don't even want to think about what would happen if we didn't help him. I don't think he'd be here anymore."

Michael hummed and kissed the top of Luke's head, taking his free hand in his. They both fell asleep to the sound of soft purrs.

— • — • — • —

this one is actually based on a stray cat that comes to my house. we named his cole bc his fur is black and he actually came to the door the day i'm writing this. he has gotten a lot skinnier since the last time i saw him and it's heartbreaking. i do believe that he's sick and i want to take him to the vet but he comes so infrequent..

thoughts?

Requests?