Hard Enough

for lonelyliltrash & d-amned

your requests both kind of fit together :)

— • — • —

Luke buried his face into his arms as he sat in the back of the classroom, just wanting to go home. He tried to block out the whispers he heard around him, knowing they were about him.

He just wanted to know why everyone hated him. Luke had no friends in school and always felt lonely, never having anyone to talk to.

Michael knew Luke had trouble making friends. His social anxiety wasn't that nice to him, especially in a place where people were constantly judging you.

He sprang up when the bell rang and gathered his stuff before going to his locker. The blond got his bag and went out to his car to drive home.

Luke couldn't help the tears that began to fall down his cheeks as he drove home. He couldn't believe how shitty a day could be.

He pulled into the driveway and grabbed his bag before sprinting inside. Luke just wanted to lay in bed, be little, and cry. And maybe sleep.

The small boy walked past Michael, who was sitting on the couch. He looked up at Luke and smiled.

"How was school, Babe?" Michael asked the same question he did everyday.

Luke let out a cry as he ran up the stairs into their room. He collapsed onto the bed and buried himself underneath the covers, quickly slipping into his headspace.

Michael walked in and sat next to Luke, leaning down so he was face to face with the little.

"What happened, Baby?" The older boy stroked Luke's hair as he sobbed into his chest.

"E-Everyone is a meanie to me.." Luke cried before grabbing his binky from the side table to try to calm himself down.

Michael nodded and gripped Luke tighter. "Did anything in particular happen?"

Luke nodded but didn't answer right away, wanting to catch his breath. "Jacob keeps calling me names and saying that I'm gay..
b-but he says it like it's bad..and it's not bad. But he makes me feel sad all the time and I
w-want to be happy."

Michael cooed and pressed his lips to Luke's forehead in a comforting manner. "He has nothing better to do than bother you. They're all just mean bullies who have no life. Don't give their words power, it'll only make things worse."

He tried to explain it the best he could to the little. Luke whimpered as his cries settled down and snuggled into Michael further. He loved the warmth and comfort the older man conveyed.

Luke curled his legs up to his chest, pressing his shins to Michael's side. His eyelids started to close but would reopen as he was trying to stay awake.

Michael saw what he was doing and smiled. Luke was easily the cutest human being he's ever laid eyes on.

"Take a nap, Baby. I'll wake you up later."

The blond hummed and let his eyes close, covering his baby blues. Michael hummed the tune of a song, putting Luke fast to sleep. He continued to run his fingertips over Luke's soft skin until he too, fell asleep.

— • — • — • —

i was in the bathroom at school and literally the nicest girl i've ever met was like "you're gorgeous" and i was likE THANK YOU SO MUCH and then a couple seconds later she was like "you should smile more" and i'm just so :)) i love nice people