Rain

Michael laid on his back, his eyes closed as he kept his arms around the small body that was laying on top of him. The faint noise of rain hitting their windows filled the silence and made the perfect sleeping aid.

He was very warm, with the human laying on top of him creating a barrier from the chilly room. There was also a blanket on top of Luke to keep him warm.

The couple was watching tv before their tiredness overcame the both of them. Michael was just beginning to wake up from his nap, slowly opening his eyes to see the tv screen casting through the ill-lit room.

Michael slipped his hand under Luke's t-shirt and began rubbing his warm skin, the sound of the small boy's steady breathing filling Michael's ears.

The older boy softly pecked Luke's forehead. Luke casually moved his fingertips over Michael's clothed chest as he slept. Michael grabbed Luke's fingers with his hand, slowly waking up the boy.

The blond first moved his head around before changing his position on top of Michael completely. He curled into himself and pressed himself further into the couch all while snuggling into Michael.

"Hi, Baby." Michael said softly, knowing Luke just woke up and didn't like loud noises.

Luke hummed in reply and smiled, kissing Michael's cheek. He glanced outside and grinned.

"It's still raining."

Michael nodded and continued to rub Luke's back. Luke closed his eyes again but didn't fall asleep. The moment was just so calm and quiet that he couldn't help it.

"Do you want to do anything else today?" Michael whispered to his boy.

Luke let out a little laugh, "Absolutely not."

Michael kissed his temple and brought his hand further up toward Luke's hair and proceeded to tangle his fingers in the mess of curls.

"My love.." Michael mumbled, causing Luke to stretch his back and legs, pushing himself further into Michael.

It was quiet for a little bit until Luke spoke up, "We should get chinese tonight."

Michael almost moaned from how good chinese food sounded at that moment. "Yes, please."

Luke giggled and quickly brought his finger up and touched his nose. "Nose goes."

Michael groaned loudly and threw his head back against the pillow. "You know I always forget, you're so mean to me."

The blond laughed and tucked his face into Michael's neck, leaving kisses on the boy's skin.

"I'm sorry, honey. Go place the order since I'm the winner." Michael mocked him as he got up from the couch. He left the room to get his phone only to hide behind the corner and make faces at the boy who was still sitting on the couch with his blanket wrapped around his body.

Luke giggled as Michael stuck his tongue out from behind the wall while he was still on the phone. He buried himself underneath the blankets as Michael came back shortly after.

"You're stupid." Luke said bluntly.

Michael replied, "You love it, shut up."

Luke squealed and jumped on top of Michael's lap, taking the blankets with him. He snuggled himself into Michael's warmth and rested his head on his chest.

"Love you, bub." Luke said as he rubbed his cheek on the soft fabric of Michael's t-shirt.

Michael kept his hand on Luke's head, softly rubbing his fingers through his hair. "Love you too, honeybun."

— • — • — • —

thank you so so much for 50k reads..never would i have ever thought this book would get this far. thank you for all of your comments throughout this past year and a half. i love you all