Back To School

Luke gripped onto Michael's black shirt and pulled him back before he could walk into the building. Michael frowned and gave him a confused look to which Luke answered.

"I don't want to go in there." Michael rolled his eyes and grabbed the dirty blond's hand.

Michael looked into Luke's tired eyes, as it was seven in the morning, and neither boy was used to functioning that early in the morning. "It's our senior year, make the most of it because as soon as you know it, we're gonna be graduating—"

Luke groaned and shook his head, "Stop. I don't even want to think about that." He squeezed Michael's soft hand even tighter.

They had a few ideas on where they wanted to go to college but both boys have yet to decide.

"Well, let's just get through today, okay? We have almost all of our classes together and we're not even going to do anything today. It shouldn't be bad, alright?"

Luke nodded and turned his face so he was showing Michael his cheek. The older boy grinned and planted a firm kiss on Luke's cheek before opening the front door to their school.

Once they were in the front lobby and making their way to their lockers, the pair let go of each other's hands. They weren't ashamed, they just preferred to show affection in private.

Because their last names weren't next to each other alphabetically, their lockers were in the same hallway but not by one another. As Luke got to his locker that he had for the past three years, Calum came up next to him and started opening his locker as well.

Calum said 'hi' to Luke before getting his books out. "I can't believe we're seniors, Luke."

Luke groaned, "Stop. I just had this talk with Michael. I don't even want to think about graduating."

His friend nodded and shut his locker. "Same, I have no clue where I want to go or what I want to do." Calum left as soon as he arrived and the blond was alone again.

Luke was still getting his books organized in his locker when he felt a presence behind him. He turned around and saw his boyfriend grinning with a couple notebooks in his hands.

"Why are you so happy today?" Michael didn't even seem tired, which was surprising for the boy who stayed up all summer playing video games until three in the morning.

"I get to see your face every morning before the sun even rises, how can I not be happy?"

Luke rolled his eyes and looked around the hallway and saw that most kids were in their classrooms. There were a few kids left who looked like lost freshmen so Luke didn't pay any mind when he leaned up and softly kissed Michael.

He just looked so cute and cuddly how could Luke resist?

As he pulled away Luke noticed a girl walking up to them. He took a step back from his boy and turned to her.

"Hi, um..can you tell me where Mr. Rogers' is?"

Luke smiled, "If you turn this corner it's the first room on your left."

The girl visibly relaxed, "Thank you so much."

Luke nodded and turned back to Michael as he girl went around the corner. "What do we have first period again?"

Michael looked up and thought for a moment before remembering. "Spanish."

Luke smiled, one of his favorite teachers taught that class. "Let's go. The sooner we get today over with, the sooner we get to go home and cuddle."

Michael closed Luke's locker for him and sneakily linked fingers with his boyfriend as they made their way down the empty hallway to their first class of the day.

— • — • — • —

i posted like once during the summer i'm sorry

and now i'm a senior and i want to cry just thinking about it

and thank you so much for 200k reads it's truly mind blowing