Hey Angel

tw: depression, thoughts of suicide

— • — • —

Michael sat on his couch, his chest heaving up and down as sobs racked through his body. The silent room was filled only with his cries.

He rested his head on his hands, unable to control his shaking body.

The boy felt awful about himself, so helpless and alone.

He flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Michael turned around and more tears left his eyes when he saw Luke, his beautiful guardian angel. Luke always made him feel better on his lowest days.

Luke appeared next to him on his couch before shifting onto Michael's lap. He gracefully ran his palms over the boy's tear-stained cheeks, his thumbs collecting the stray tears.

"What is bothering you, angel?" Luke asked softly as he brought his hands to rest gently on Michael's neck.

Michael gulped and kept his eyes on Luke's lap. "I didn't th-think you'd get here so s-soon."

Luke smiled, "I sensed you were more distressed than usual."

The previously crying boy nodded and tightened his grip on Luke's thighs.

"Now tell me, Mikey..What is causing you so much sadness?"

Michael loved when Luke showed up, although he only appeared when Michael was anything but happy. Luke calmed him down just by his presence.

"I just feel like..like I can't do anything right. I ruin everything that comes across my way. And...And...I've just been so depressed lately. I just can't get out of my head."

A few more tears dripped down Michael's face and Luke was quick to wipe them with his thumbs.

"Anything else?" Luke was willing to wait as long as he could if it meant that Michael felt better.

Michael paused and didn't reply. He looked at Luke and nodded.

"Every time you leave after making me feel better I find myself wondering what it would be like if you were here with me all the time. I feel like I'd be so much happier if I had you with me all day."

Luke put their foreheads together and ran his hands up Michael's arms to his shoulders. The curly haired boy knew this was going to come up sooner or later.

"You know that when I leave I still look over you. I'm always watching over you and making sure you're okay. That's how I know when to appear and help you."

Michael's bottom lip trembled and allowed Luke to hold his hands.

"I know...But every time you leave I feel just as alone as I did before you show up. Sometimes I feel like I should just give up so I can be with you."

Luke let out a breath and his jaw dropped. He never cried but Michael's words almost made tears appear in his bright blue eyes.

"Oh, Michael. That's hurts me, angel."

If a guardian angel's person ended their life, it caused internal pain onto the angel. They failed at their job, and couldn't bare the thought of their person going through so much pain.

Luke's breath picked up and Michael furrowed his eyebrows. The boy put his hands on Luke's waist to comfort him.

"Please, Michael. I beg you, please don't take your life away. I would not be able to handle the loss of you."

"It was just a thought, I don't think I could actually d-"

"Please don't think like that. Those thoughts should not be in your pretty head. Tell me you won't so I have some peace."

"I won't, Luke. I won't, okay?" Michael realized he never saw Luke anything but happy. And now that he had witnessed him stressed about this he knew he never wanted to see him without a smile on his face.

Luke nodded and kept his palms secured on Michael's chest. He glanced at the clock and sighed before looking back at Michael.

It was five minutes to three in the morning. Luke needed to go.

He caressed Michael's bearded face and began whispering. "I have to leave soon, Michael."

He closed his eyes and nodded, smiling slightly when he felt Luke's nose nudge against his own. Luke always left at the same time in the middle of the night and reappeared an hour later.

"Promise me you'll stay put until I can return."

Michael nodded, "I promise."

Luke grinned. "Maybe I'll talk to the big Man and apply for full time while I'm gone."

He knew Michael would stay on the couch until he returned in an hour.

And at four in the morning Luke appeared by Michael's side again, with exciting news from his boss.

— • — • — • —

luke needed to leave at 3:00am bc that's the devil's hour and he's a precious little angel baby