Treat You Right

Luke sighed and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand. It was very hot in the kitchen with the oven preheated to 425 degrees. He just finished preparing the lasagna for that night's dinner and put it in the oven.

Luke had noticed that Michael had been pretty much ignoring him for the past week. He barely held up a conversation and when he got home, he would say a quick 'hey' before heading up to bed.

He'd been talking to Ashton a lot lately, telling him how Michael had been acting and what he could do to help.

The blonde didn't know what he did wrong, and he couldn't think of anything he did the last week that would make Michael act the way he was.

He thought that after eating a big home cooked meal, Michael would be more nice to him.

After the lasagna was done cooking, he poured two glasses of wine and placed pieces of the hot dinner on plates. He waited a couple minutes before Michael came home.

When the door opened, Lue straightened himself out and got up to greet Michael at the door.

"Hey, Mikey..I made dinner for us." Luke smiled at his boyfriend.

"Great, I'm starving." No kiss, no hug, no "I missed you today".

Luke lost the smile on his face quickly and walked back to the dining room table where Michael was already sitting. He didn't want to get discouraged yet so he brushed it off.

After taking a bite of food, Luke asked, "How was work?"

Michael swallowed his food before answering, "Fine."

And that was it. Dinner was silent for the rest of the night, only the sounds of forks and knives hitting the plates were heard.

Luke quickly became sad, once again. He thought making Michael a nice dinner with his favorite wine would make him see that Luke was trying.

The younger boy gulped as Michael sat up abruptly, bringing his plate to the kitchen and put it in the sink, expecting Luke to wash it, which he knew he would.

"Was good, Babe, thanks." Luke nodded and put his head down as he continued to look at the dark red tablecloth he set out. After Michael went up into the bedroom, Luke blew out the single candle that was lit in the middle of the table.

And once again, Like was sitting alone that night. Luke wiped his tears and gathered his plate and glass, putting it in the dishwasher, bit wanting to wash all of the silverware and dishes that were currently in the sink.

He walked up the stairs and went into their bedroom, seeing the light as already out. He saw Michael's silhouette on the bed, he was laying down, and looked like he was sleeping.

It was good to know Michael didn't need Luke to fall asleep like Luke needed Michael.

Luke figured it would be best if he just slept on the couch that night. Michael could have the whole bed to himself.

He fell asleep on the empty couch with a heavy heart.

— •— • —

When he woke up, he checked his phone that was laying on the floor next to the couch. It was 11:30am, which was very late for Luke to be sleeping in. The kitchen was smelling like cooking bacon, which was weird because Luke knew they didn't have any in the fridge.

He made his way into the kitchen and saw Michael with his back facing the door. When he heard the door open, he quickly turned around and was met with bright blue eyes staring back at him.

"Hey, Lukey..." Michael started. Luke could tell he was nervous, and that he had been thinking about what to say before Luke even woke up.

"Hey." Luke piped up, not in the mood to talk to Michael after last night.

"Can I talk to you?"

So much for not wanting to talk, Luke thought to himself.

He nodded and sat on one of the benches that were in front of the island in the kitchen.

Michael started, "I talked to Ashton this morning, he called me..to talk about you. About the things you've been saying and feeling."

He paused so he could sit down next to Luke. "He said that you were questioning why you were still trying with me, and how you thought that I didn't want to be around you anymore."

He sniffled and continued, "And it hit me..that I'm not always gonna have you around. I'm not going to have you there to clean up my messes for me when I just don't feel like cleaning them up myself. I'm not going to have you there to make me dinner when I come home from work. One day, I'm gonna come home, expecting food to be on the table, and you're not gonna be there. You're not gonna be there to put up with my shit and me ignoring you. I'm gonna wake up one day to an empty house because I treated you so badly."

Luke looked up for the first time when he heard Michael's voice crack. Michael was looking down at the granite counter top with tears rushing down his cheeks. He wasn't even looking at Luke, and it made Luke feel like Michael was just having a conversation with himself, like he was telling himself what could happen in the near future.

"There are no words to express how sorry I am for how I've been treating you lately. You didn't deserve any of it and you certainly didn't do anything wrong...I guess," Michael sniffed and clears his throat, "I guess I just take advantage of you, and I take you for granted. I thought that you were never going to leave me but Ashton made me realize that you would. And I'm not going to realize how easier you make my life until I have to live my life without you in it."

For the first time, Michael looked up at Luke and spoke. "From now on, I'm gonna spend forever showing you how much you mean to me. You're easily the most important person in my life and I'm truly, deeply sorry that I took you for granted. And I hope that after how shitty I've acted towards you, I hope you can find it in you to forgive me."

Luke wiped his red cheeks, aware that he was crying. "I forgive you. I'm not gonna say it's okay because it's not, but I do forgive you."

Michael nodded and tried to smile, but failed as a few more tears slipped.

Luke wiped Michael's tears and whispered, "Can I have a hug?"

Michael shot up from his chair and practically jumped on him. He tightly wrapped his arms around Luke's waist, burying his face into the crook of his favorite boy's neck.

"I love you so much, Luke."

Luke closed his eyes and smiled genuinely,
"I love you, Michael."

— • — • — • —

this is a lot longer than usual and i don't like long one shots but i couldn't contain it haha

thoughts on this one?

requests??