Better Than Him

For luketalksboys

— • — • —

The boys were hanging out in the dressing room, winding down after their show they had that night. They were still full of adrenaline as Luke and his new boyfriend came through the door. None of them had met him yet, so they were hoping for a good first impression.

That's not what they got.

Luke took a seat next to Michael on the couch as his boyfriend looked around, noticing the table full of junk food.

"So, your name is Matt, right?" Ashton asked, locking his phone.

"Yep. Hey, do you usually have this much food after shows?" He answered shortly as he had a grimace on his face.

Calum looked at him and nodded slowly. "Yeah, but it's not like we eat all of it."

"Luke, you better not eat any of this crap. Your body doesn't need it." Matt scoffed as he sat down next to Luke.

Michael's eyes shot in Matt's direction. How could he say that to Luke? He's perfect and can eat whatever he wants.

He watched as Luke folds his arms over his stomach and shyly looked down at his lap. Luke was already insecure about himself so it made Michael furious that Matt would put his own boyfriend down like that.

"I don't, you don't have to worry." Luke said, not wanting to be there anymore.

"I do have to worry when I'm the one who has to be seen with you." Matt said, not bothering to look up from his phone. If he did, he would have seen Luke's hurt look on his face.

Luke sniffed and stood up. "I'm..I'm just gonna head to the bathroom real quick before we get on the bus."

Calum and Ashton nodded okay, giving Luke smiles of sympathy. Matt didn't say anything, he just continued to text whoever on his phone.

Michael got up after a couple of minutes and followed Luke to the bathroom. He walked in and saw the blond standing in front of the sink, wiping the tears that were falling from his eyes.

"Oh Luke..why are you doing this to yourself? Why are you with him, you know he's not what you want." Michael got close to him and grabbed his arms.

Luke let out a big sob, "I know! I know he's not what I want. What I want is to feel like I mean something to someone. I want to walk in a room and have that person's eyes light up. I want someone to love me."

Michael brought Luke into his arms quickly, squeezing him tightly. "I love you. I can be that someone. I'm so much better than him, Luke."

Luke looked up at Michael, surprised. Sure he fancied Michael a while ago but he didn't think it would ever go anywhere.

The blond said nothing as he grabbed the back of Michael's neck and pressed his lips to his own. Michael moved his hands and placed them on Luke's waist.

They kissed in the bathroom for what felt like hours. Michael stepped back and looked at the beauty standing in front of him.

"I want you to know, that you are one of the most beautiful things I've had the pleasure to lay my eyes on." Michael rubbed Luke's cheek with his thumb, pulling Luke closer to him.

"Thank you, Michael." Luke whispered.

Later that night, Michael and Luke sat with each other as Luke broke it off with his mistake of a boyfriend. It was the start of something special between the two of them.

— • —• — • —

i felt so sad writing that mean stuff about luke ):

thoughts?