Two In One

for timeouthood

i hope you guys get the title it's two families in one, i'm kind of a genius ngl

— • — • —

I'm scared." Luke whispered to Michael in the kitchen, not wanting the two toddlers in the living room to hear.

Michael rolled his eyes, "They're four and five years old, what are they gonna do, revolt?"

Luke huffed and pushed against Michael's chest. "I just don't want Madelyn to hate me."

Michael wrapped his arms over Luke's shoulders and rested his chin on the top of his head. "She's not gonna hate you, you know how much she adores you."

Luke nodded his head and pulled away from Michael's grip. "Ready?"

Michael smiled and pressed his lips to his lover's. "Now I am."

Luke followed Michael into the living room where his own son and Michael's daughter were watching a cartoon about trains.

"Hey, Maddie? Mason?"

The little kids turned and jumped up when they saw their dads. Michael was fully ready for the little five year old to jump at him, catching her with ease.

Mason held his arms up at Luke, signaling for him to pick him up.

They both sat down on the couch with their child on their lap. Luke tickled Mason's stomach before speaking.

"So, you know you guys have been having a lot of play dates, right?"

Mason and Madelyn both nodded, not really paying attention.

"Do you guys like hanging out together?" Michael chimed in.

"Yeah," Maddie squealed, "We watch trains all day!"

Mason giggled along, thinking whatever Maddie said was funny.

"Well, while you guys are having your play dates, Michael and I have our own." Luke said.

"What do you do during your play dates, daddy?" Madelyn asked, straightening it her shirt.

Michael paused for a moment before replying, "Well, you know how you watch trains? Luke and I watch other things on tv, or we go out for dinner sometimes. That's why we have Ashley come over sometimes to babysit you."

Mason looked at his dad for confirmation and looked back at Michael when he nodded.

"Why do you have play dates?" Mason asked softly.

"We like being around one another, baby," Luke said, rubbing over Mason's light brown hair, "Just like you and Maddie, but it's a little different for us."

"Why?" Maddie asked, looking up at her dad.

"We love each other, Mads." Michael said as he ran his hand through her tangled hair.

"Okay." Maddie said, seeming a little distracted again.

"Okay? That's it?" Michael asked with a smile.

Mason looked sad, which made Luke a little nervous. "You okay, baby?"

The four year old stood up on Luke's lap and whispered in his ear, "Do you love me more?"

Luke hugged the little boy and sat him back down on his lap, facing him.

"Of course I love you more, Mason. You're my little boy. I have a different kind of love for Michael, but a special love for you."

Mason smiled and nodded, hiding his face in Luke neck in embarrassment.

Maddie got up from Michael's lap and tugged on Mason's shirt. "C'mon, Mason! Let's play with your Legos."

Luke let him off of his lap, but not before a kiss to his forehead.

When both kids left it was just Luke and Michael on the couch. The slightly older man patted his lap for Luke to sit.

The curly haired boy giggled and made his way onto Michael's lap, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"That went well." Michael mumbled against Luke's lips.

Luke hummed into the kiss, too focused on Michael's pretty lips to reply.

When he pulled back, Luke sighed. "I hope Mason doesn't feel like he's being replaced."

Michael kissed the side of Luke's head as he changed the tv channel to something other than trains.

"He'll be fine. Mason's smart, he'll figure it out."

The older man pressed his lips to Luke's neck and cheek every once in a while, hearing their children play and yell in the next room over, leaving smiles on both of their faces.

— • — • — • —

i just want a guy who won't date my best friend after talking to me for months is that too much to ask