Surprise

for lukeyrose

— • — • —

Luke sighed in frustration, trying to frost the first layer of the cake without ruining it. He had been trying to make this cake for a couple hours, needing everything to be perfect.

He wanted to bake a cake for Michael to show how much he appreciated everything he's done for the younger boy, but he was having a hard time making the two-layered cake.

The blond carefully got the second layer of chocolate cake out of the cake pan and placed it on top of the first one that already had pink frosting on it. Luke began to put blue icing on the second layer.

He clapped his hands when he was done, loving the final product. He finished it off with rainbow sprinkles because rainbow sprinkles were the best, according to Luke.

Luke checked the clock on the wall and saw that Michael was going to be home in ten minutes so he picked up the tray that held the cake. He made his way into the dining room to put the cake on the table when he tripped over his footing.

He yelled out as he fell forward, dropping the cake as he landed on his hands and knees.

Luke sat back and looked at the mess of cake on the floor, tears already filling his eyes. He spent hours trying to make the cake perfect and now it was all over the floor.

The blond put his face in his hands, his elbows resting on this thighs as he let out frustrated sobs.

He was only really crying because of his frustration. He wanted Michael to know how much he loved and appreciated him but he couldn't even do that without messing up.

He didn't notice that Michael had walked through the front door, ready to see his favorite person.

Michael heard soft cries coming from the dining room and furrowed his eyebrows. He opened the door, causing the sobs to get louder. His heart broke at the sight of his baby crying next to a destroyed cake.

"Baby, what's all this?" Michael asked softly as he bent down, taking Luke's hands away from his blotchy face.

"I w-wanted to make you a big cake to show you h-how much I love you, but I tripped and dropped it.." Luke continued to cry as Michael sat next to Luke.

He grabbed the blond's small hands in his. "That's so thoughtful, Honey. Thank you so much."

Luke wiped his eyes and shook his head. "It doesn't matter anymore because it's ruined and we can't even eat it."

Michael laughed a little, "That's okay, it's the thought that counts, right? I know how much you love me, and the fact that you put so much effort into this and care so much about it shows me how much you love me."

The small boy sniffed and got on Michael's lap, cuddling into his chest. He hid his face in the older boy's neck as Michael traced shapes onto his back.

Michael looked over at the cake on the ground, smiling a bit. "You know, the bottom layer doesn't look to bad, we might be able to salvage it."

Luke took his head away from Michael's shoulder and looked at the pink cake. He smiled when he noticed the first layer hadn't been smushed when it fell. It hadn't even touched the floor.

Michael patted Luke's bum to signal him to stand up. He picked up the layer of cake and placed it on the tray.

"See? All better, no need for tears." Michael said softly as he grabbed a cake knife.

Luke wiped his eyes, getting rid of the last of his tears. He hugged Michael's waist from the side as he cut two pieces, putting them on plates.

Michael took the first bite, moaning dramatically, making Luke's laugh as he ate his piece. They finished their food quickly, stealing kisses every now and then before heading to their room to cuddle.

When they were settled underneath their blankets, Michael began to speak, "Thank you so much, Lukey. I know you tried really hard and I really appreciate it. And the cake was really fucking good, too."

Michael pressed his lips to Luke's, biting on his bottom lip softly.

"I just wanted to show you that I'm so in love with you, even if it was just by making a cake. I love you with all of my heart." Luke said softly, running his fingers down Michael's chest.

"I love you with all I have, all that I am." Michael replied.

"Such a sap." Luke giggled.

Michael shook his head, smiling as he kissed Luke's cheek. "Only for you."

— • — • — • —

well i guess free internet isn't a thing anymore