Kitty Kitty

Michael walked through the doors of the very familiar building, the smell of animals filling his senses. He came to the Hybrid Adoption Center three times before but was not that impressed. He was hoping today would change his feelings.

Michael had been looking for a kitten hybrid for the longest time, but could never find the perfect one. He knew there was one out there, he just needed to keep searching.

He walked up to the many windows and started walking along them, casually observing to find the right one. He passes sleeping hybrids, some were watching the main television, and some were just keeping to themselves.

One hybrid who wasn't watching tv was sitting by the edge of the window, like he was waiting for someone to walk by. He had blond hair and pale skin, and a charming smile.

Most importantly, two little white kitten ears sat atop his fluffy hair.

When the hybrid saw Michael walk towards him, his ears twitched and he sat up on his knees and smiled, pressing his nose to the glass before giggling as the glass wall fogged up.

Michael chuckled at the silly hybrid, taking a liking to him already. "Well, you're a pretty thing, aren't ya?"

Luke giggled and blushed as he sat back on his calves, putting his hands to the glass. Michael looked down at the tag on the bottom of the window, displaying the blonde's information.

Luke. His name was Luke. Such a pretty name for a pretty boy.

Michael looked back at Luke and saw he was making funny faces at him. He puffed out his cheeks and crossed his eyes as he stuck out his tongue. Michael laughed loudly at his actions.

Michael wanted him.

He called over one of the workers and began speaking, "I want this one, Luke."

His back was towards the window so Luke didn't hear what was being said. He watched as the stranger walked away with Kelly, his favorite caretaker. His smile left his face as he realized he wasn't going to be taken home that day.

Luke had been at the store for a couple years, and no one bought him. It made him sad that nobody found interest in him. Luke always tried his best to be friendly, but sometimes it just didn't work. He crawled to the back of the window and curled into himself so he wouldn't seem so lonely.

He wasn't expecting the back cage to open up behind him. It only opened when he had to go to the bathroom. He watched as Kelly opened the door and told Luke to come out and that there was someone he needed to meet.

Luke remembered the stranger out in the store and scrambled out of his window display. He quickly ran to the door that lead him to the main floor. Once he saw the stranger, he ran and jumped into his arms.

"Are you taking me home with you?" Luke asked excitedly as he grabbed onto Michael's shoulders for support.

Michael smiled sweetly, "Yes I am, my name's Michael and this very nice lady told me your name is Luke? Is that right?" He nodded his head towards Kelly.

Luke nodded his head vigorously. "I'm Lukey and I can't wait to go home with you!"

"I can't wait either, Bub..let me just sign some papers and we can head home." Michael let Luke down and followed Kelly to the front desk.

After everything was finalized, Luke hugged Kelly goodbye and grabbed onto Michael's hand. The older man left a kiss to Luke's forehead as they walked out of the center.

Michael knew he made the right choice, and he knew Luke was the perfect one.

— • — • — • —

if you want me to write a part 2 of when they get home, just comment here!!

thoughts on hybrid!luke?

i went on a date on saturday and let me tell you, first dates you read about on here are nothing like real life