Meet Up

for my favorite on here wastedheartmuke

— • — • —

Luke pulled the sleeves of his shirt over his hands before he pulled the entrance door of the restaurant open, walking up to the hostess desk.

He smiled at the lady standing behind the podium. "Did a guy order a table for two already?"

The woman smiled and turned around, pointing to a table set in the back of the room towards the window of the restaurant.

Luke saw the boy he had been talking to for the past few months sitting at the table as he looked over the menu. He looked even prettier in person.

The curly haired boy slowly walked up to the table and caught the attention of his date.

"Michael?"

The boy lifted his head and smiled when he saw Luke in front of him. He got up from the table and quickly hugged Luke.

"Luke, it's so nice to meet you, you look great."

Luke blushed, "So do you."

Michael gave him another smile as they sat down again.

"Have you been waiting long? I'm sorry I'm a little late, traffic wa-"

"Not at all, I just got here."

Luke nodded and looked down at the menu, his fingers toying with the corner of the laminated paper. Michael could tell Luke was nervous and he wanted to make him feel as comfortable as possible.

"Have you ever been here before?"

Luke nodded, "A couple times with my brothers, yeah."

Luke wanted to start conversation, he really did. He was just an awkward person in real life. He never really thought he would be meeting Michael in person.

"Do they still live in Sydney?" Michael asked right before their waitress came to take their drink orders.

Luke shook his head, "They both moved a couple hours outside of the city for work. You said you didn't have siblings, right?"

"Yeah, I wish I had a brother or sister to grow up with."

"They're okay..."

They both laughed and ordered their food when their waitress came back with their drinks.

"So tell me," Michael rested his chin on his palm as he smirked at Luke, "Do you still you Tinder?"

Luke blushed and giggled. "When you asked me out I deleted it."

He elaborated when Michael made a face. "I just figured you were a really nice guy and I thought this would go well."

Michael smiled and grabbed Luke's hand softly.

"I think this is going really well."

For the hundredth time that night, Luke blushed and looked down at the table.

They finished their food and their waitress came back with the check. Michael slipped his card in the booklet and looked up to see Luke's frown.

"I asked you out, I'm paying."

Luke bit his lip and pulled out a ten dollar bill.

"Let me get the tip then." Michael agreed and put the tip in the center of the table while they waited for the lady to come back with his debit card.

After she returned, Michael stood up and grabbed Luke's hand in his, walking him out of the restaurant.

Michael walked Luke to his car and they stopped before the curly haired boy got in.

"You're really sweet," Luke told Michael, "I would love to go out again."

"I would love that too..It may be sudden but are you busy tomorrow? I would really like to see you again."

"Tomorrow's perfect. And this time I'll be taking you out so I'm paying." Luke smirked as Michael rolled his eyes.

"I'll text you later on tonight, okay?" Luke nodded and felt butterflies erupt in his stomach when Michael leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

Luke got in the front seat and took a breath before letting a wide smile appear on his face. He was going on a second date with Michael.

— • — • — • —

i tried to make this awkward and cute but it reminded me of my one and only date i've had and i cringed so hard it was the most awkward experience of my life