Bookworm

lovesick&anxious!michael

— • — • —

Michael entered the library and walked towards a table in the far corner of the room. He took a deep breath as he approached the cute blond sitting at the table.

He tried to quietly sit down, as to not disrupt the beauty that was reading, but amidst his nerves, Michael got his foot caught on the leg of the chair and fell into the chair, causing a loud bang.

The blond suddenly gasped in surprise, looking up quickly at the sudden noise. He didn't hear anyone walking and was shocked at the sudden loud noise.

"I am so sorry." Michael said too loudly for a library, causing the boy to smile slightly.

The boy with the thick framed glasses found it funny how out of place Michael looked.

The older boy felt nervous when Luke looked around at the empty tables then back at Michael.

Michael sat with his hands folded, hoping Luke wouldn't find it weird that he sat at the same table as him, when there were other tables around them with one sitting at them.

"What are you reading?" Michael asked as he tapped his fingers against the table.

"Perks of Being a Wallflower." Luke replied, not taking his eyes off the pages.

Michael nodded, "Is it good?"

Luke nodded, again not looking up at Michael.

The older boy sighed, wondering why he even sat by Luke. He's had the biggest crush on the younger boy since he came up to the high school as a freshman. Michael was a sophomore when they talked for the first time and he's been hooked ever since.

As a senior, Michael figured it was about time he confronted his feelings for Luke. But it seemed that the blond didn't want anything to do with him, and that was okay, Michael thought. Luke deserved a prince charming, not an outcast loser, as Michael liked to describe himself.

He was cut from his thoughts when he heard Luke talking. "You're Michael, right?"

Michael nodded, smiling at the fact that Luke remembered him.

"I'm pretty sure I've seen you perform at the bar down the street, is that true?"

The older boy blushed and nodded again. "I play with my band on the weekends. You don't take me as the type to go to bars."

Luke shook his head, "I like their coffee, and I appreciate their live music selections."

Michael licked his chapped lips, "That means a lot. Do you like reading?"

"I love reading."

Michael chuckled, "You come in here everyday during lunch so I figured you'd have to enjoy it."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "How do you know I come here everyday?"

Michael froze and he felt his heart start pounding in his chest. Did he seriously just out himself like that? He felt himself getting anxious as Luke kept his eyes on him, not looking away. He looked down at his hands and began to stutter.

"Uh, w-well..I-I.." Michael couldn't believe he blew it. The one chance he had to talk with the boy he's been heart eyes for was ruined.

"I-I'm sorry-" Michael felt a panic attack coming on. He couldn't believe he thought he could talk to Luke and have it not go wrong.

Luke saw that Michael was getting shaky and uncomfortable, and it made him feel so bad.

He put his hand on Michael's, slightly gripping it. "Hey, hey..it's okay. No worries. I can't believe someone's that interested in me if I'm being honest. I'm quite boring."

The simple touch of Luke's hand had calmed Michael down, but his breath was still heavy.

Luke could tell that Michael was embarrassed. His cheeks were red and he refused to look the blond in the eye. It made his heart flutter to think the senior though so much of him and his opinion.

"Are you performing on Saturday?" Michael heard Luke ask.

He nodded, keeping his gaze on Luke's small hand over his larger one.

"Maybe we could hang out at the bar before you go on stage."

Michael looked up at Luke, a look of shock on his face. "What?"

"Only if you want to." Luke added.

Michael thought for a second, wondering if his heartbeat could actually handle hanging out with Luke for a whole night.

"I-I would like that." Michael nodded and smiled.

"Great! Are we calling it a date or will I have to find out this weekend?"

Michael's cheeks flushed red at the thought of going on a date with the sweet boy. Feeling a little better with Luke's hand on his, Michael nodded.

"It's a date."

— • — • — • —

if i get married i want my first dance with my husband to be to the song 'kiss me like a stranger' by thomas rhett just please i need it