Wolves

for @IndieWashington

— • — • —

It was feast night, and Luke and his pack were hungry. The past week had been filled with small killings, but they hadn't found anything worth feasting on. Luke was the leader of his pack and he was currently making his way up a mountain, hoping to find an elk or deer wandering.

He stopped once he heard soft whimpers coming from the distance. If Luke was in his human form he would have never been able to pick up the small sound. But as his wolf form he could hear up to ten miles away.

He ordered for his pack to stop and wait as he investigated. He sniffed his way to the source of whimpers and found himself in a clearing.

In the middle of the clearing was a gray wolf, like himself, laying on his side in pain. He ran to the injured wolf and sniffed him. He was part of a neighboring pack, one that Luke's had never had problems with, so he decided to help him.

Luke changed into his human form and asked, "Can you transform? I need to speak to you."

The now blond waited as the wolf changed and he took notice of the large gash on his stomach. It was fresh and bloody, and Luke knew he needed to get help fast.

"What's your name, omega?"

"Michael. You're alpha, correct?" Luke nodded and picked Michael up with ease.

"I need to take you back to my pack before they start looking for me. I'll help you when we get to our quarters." Luke said sweetly as he started running.

In no time, he made it back to their sanctuary and gave Michael his treatment. He screamed in pain as the medicine stung him. Luke quietly shushed him, soothingly rubbing his arm as he gently kissed his forehead.

"I'll apply more cream tomorrow morning, for now you can sleep with me. Being alpha has its perks." Luke led Michael to his sleeping area.

It looked much more comfortable than the rest of the pack's. They both turned back into their wolf form and curled up next to each other, Luke making sure Michael fell asleep before he did.

— • — • —

One year later, Michael stayed with Luke's pack. Luke took a special liking to Michael and claimed him as his own. They led the pack together, on the contrary to most wolf packs with only one leader.

It was early morning, before they had to get up and start the day. Luke woke up and fixed his position, laying right next to Michael. He began licking Michael's fur, coaxing him to wake up.

Luke turned into his human form as did Michael. "C'mon, let's get the rest up."

The alpha kissed Michael's cheek before pulling him up. They went past everyone and woke them up, holding hands the whole time.

They all stayed in their human form until nightfall. During breakfast, Luke fed Michael a berry, kissing him right after.

Calum, a wolf part of Luke's pack groaned, "Can you not? We're eating."

Michael scoffed, "Like you and Ashton don't do the same thing." He kissed Luke again, smiling as they giggled over nothing.

It was quiet before the couple started talking softly to one another.

"You're sexy.." Michael whispered to Luke as he nibbled on his earlobe.

The rest of the pack groaned and got up, knowing that it was going to be like that for the whole day. But they loved seeing their leader happy, so they said nothing, and carried on through the day.

— • — • — • —

question: i've written a couple one shots with a baby in it and i'm pretty sure i used the name oliver both times and i'm writing one right now and i was wondering if i should keep the name oliver so it's not confusing or change the name every time