Beach Bum

At least twice a week, Luke liked to go to their local beach. He liked the smell of the fresh air, and catching rays while relaxing. It was the first time they would be bringing their baby son with them and Luke was happy and nervous at how little Oliver would react.

They got to the beach and set up their chairs, Michael needing to help Luke put up the umbrella, as usual. Michael laid down a towel that had little rubber ducks on it for Oliver to sit on, making sure there wasn't any sand on it first.

Mike took the baby out of the carrier and sat him down, watching carefully so he didn't try to crawl off. Luke let out a groan as he sat down, putting his sunglasses on and closing his eyes. After having a baby, Luke didn't get much sleep so he took every opportunity he had.

Michael smiled as Oliver took in his surroundings. He chewed on his little fingers as he looked up at Michael, like he was asking him what he's supposed to do here.

The older man got out of his chair and sat down on Oliver's towel. He took some toys that they brought down and began making sand castles. Oliver shrieked as he slammed his hands down on the castle, crushing the tower-like building.

Michael gasped and fake pouted, "That wasn't nice, Oli." The baby took the castle toy from Michael and started hitting it with his hands like it was a drum.

"You want to make one? Here, let's get some sand and put it in the bucket," Michael helped Oli fill it up and flip the bucket over, packing it down before lifting it up again.

Oliver laughed loudly as he smashed the sand castle again. Michael laughed as Oli continued to giggle, gently throwing sand towards Michael.

"No, no, Bug..don't throw sand." He grabbed the hand that was throwing the sand and set it back down. Michael was a natural dad, he didn't even have to try.

After a few more minutes of playing with sand castles, Oliver got himself up and wobbled around, picking up things he found in the sand. He came back and gently placed a couple pebbles on Michael's thigh.

Michael smiled at how cute his baby was. He didn't know what he didn't to deserve such an adorable baby, and an amazing husband.

"Thank you, Bubba..can you find more?"

Oliver went around again and brought back a few more pebbles, dropping them in Michael's palms. Michael swooped Oliver up and began peppering kisses all over his chubby cheeks. The baby squealed at the feeling, pushing Michael's face away from his.

"Let's go in the water, Olibear, your daddy's still sleeping." Michael picked up Oliver and brought him over to the shoreline.

He kept stepping in deeper until the water was at his waist, Olivers feet just touching the surface. He squirmed in Michael's arms, not liking the water at first.

Ten minutes later, Michael couldn't get Oliver to get out of the water. He loved it so much, and he found so much joy in splashing the water into small waves. Michael rested Oliver on his knee so he was holding onto the the baby's torso. Oliver could now use both hands to splash as much as he wanted, until he had to get out.

When Michael got back to their things, he saw that Luke was still sleeping. He smirked sat got an idea. Instead of wrapping Oliver in a towel to dry him off, he placed him on Luke's bare chest. Oliver giggled as Luke woke up and took his sunglasses off, only to see his son's sparkling eyes stare back at him. Luke couldn't even be mad at Michael because Oliver was the cutest thing ever.

"Well hello there, Bug." Oliver let out a fit of giggles, laughing at completely nothing. He thought anything his dads did were funny. Luke laughed as Oliver laughed, which made the baby laugh even more.

"Silly goose.." Michael said as he took Oli back and wrapped him in another towel, covering the top of his head so he wouldn't get cold. Oliver rested his head on Michael's chest as they laid down on the chair.

"Did my boys enjoy the beach today?" Luke asked as he looked to the side, seeing his two loves cuddled up.

"Of course we did, Baby. Olibear can't wait to come here again, isn't that right, Bug?"

They both looked down and saw that Oliver was fast asleep on Michael's chest. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

— • — • — • —

manny gutierrez is so daddy but such a bottom at the same time you feel me