Just Me And You

I've never fell in love
I've saved those feelings for you

— • — • —

Michael got to school, feeling like it was going to be a good day. He actually had time to eat breakfast, and his car was finally working again so he didn't have to take the bus.

He made his way down the hallway toward his locker and got his stuff out before heading to class. Michael didn't have time to text Luke before class so he didn't even know if the boy showed up.

After his first period class was over, Michael went to the math honors room where he knew Luke was. He was happy when he saw that the boy was was there, but stopped when he saw him talking to someone.

Michael stayed by the doorway, trying to stay out of the way of students that were coming and going. He watched as Luke smiled as the other boy talked to his best friend, leaving Michael wondering what they were talking about. It almost made him upset.

The older boy felt like he was going to throw up when he saw the unknown boy lean down and briefly press his lips to Luke's. His heart started pumping faster and he wondered if others could here it pumping inside his chest.

'Who is that? Why didn't Luke tell me about this stranger? Why did that dick kiss him?' Michael thought to himself as he quickly left the classroom without letting Luke know he was there.

Michael became very aware of his feelings that he was unable to hide about his best friend. Michael had never had a girlfriend or boyfriend, he was always saving those special feelings for his very special friend. His friend that had no clue about these feelings toward him.

Michael took advantage of his working car and signed himself out in the main lobby. He quickly left even though he knew he wouldn't be counted for a full day of school. It didn't matter to Michael. He knew he liked Luke, but why did this affect him so much?

Michael laid in his bed and thought about what he saw until he knew that school had been let out and Luke would be on his way over.

He sat up in his bed and played on his phone until his bedroom door opened and Luke walked himself in and sat on his bed.

"Hey, why weren't you at school today? David said he saw you after first period but you weren't there the rest of the day."

Michael could feel his heart stammer. David. That was the guy who kissed his crush.

"Didn't feel good." He said and continued to look on the blank screen of his phone.

Luke scoffed, "Bullshit. Just tell me."

"When did you meet David?" Luke furrowed his eyebrows and sat up against the headboard next to Michael.

"Um..about a week ago. I stayed after school for a test and he was in the same classroom as after we both finished our tests we started talking? Sorry I didn't tell you, it kind of slipped my mind."

It was Michael's turn to scoff. "You forgot to tell me that you met someone new and started dating them?"

"I'm sorry, Mike..you know I didn't mean to."

Michael unlocked his phone and looked at the messages between him and Luke, noticing there weren't that many the past week.