Footprints

a couple people wanted more soulmate!au

i got the idea from the Master List of Soulmate AU's as well

— • — • —

Luke had been seeing them all day.

The footprints.

The colorful prints that would appear in the trail of his soulmate.

They stuck out against the white tile of the school hallways, almost taunting Luke for not being able to find the source.

But Luke could never see who was creating the prints that were driving him crazy. They would be scattered around the hallway, in a hundred different paths that were impossible to follow, only to disappear the next day.

He couldn't even ask for help because he was the only one who saw the taunting colorful prints.

Luke felt like he was going to cry. He wanted to meet the person he was supposed to be destined with. But how was he going to do that when he only saw the colored footprints mixed with hundreds of high school students?

The blond teared up at the of never meeting his soulmate, and having to go through life not being able to call someone 'his'.

His person. That was all Luke wanted.

The boy went up the stairs and headed toward the library so he could sit in the corner and spend his study hall feeling sorry for himself.

Luke made it to his usual spot, glad no one claimed the high chair with the round table that was hidden by the science fiction section.

He was going to take a seat, when he noticed the prints had appeared again. They were going in the direction of the comics.

Luke let out a breath and jumped down from the chair and followed the footsteps until they led to the open room of the library.

His soulmate was here, Luke could feel it.

Luke began walking around, hoping the mystery boy would see his own and start looking for him as well.

The small blond bit his nail and tears of frustration began to build when he realized his soulmate probably had left.

"Hey."

Luke gasped and shot his head around before he faced the person who got his attention.

He didn't seem to recognize the boy, but he looked at least a year older than Luke.

"Can I help you?" Luke just wanted to go home and bury himself under his ten blankets he had on his bed.

"Actually, yeah. I think these footprints belong to you?"

Luke looked down and saw a pair of colorful footprints trailing behind the boy that lead directly to him.

The blond felt like he could cry again as he jumped into the boy's arms and held on tightly to his shoulders.

Luke's soulmate chuckled and hugged back just as tight, if not, tighter. He buried his face into Luke neck and let out a sigh.

"You sure do walk fast, I've been trying to keep up with you all day."

Luke laughed and wiped his eyes that seemed to be even brighter in the moment. "I've been waiting to meet you for so long."

The boy, the very pretty boy, held his hand to Luke's cheek, softly rubbing over his skin.

"What's your name, my love?"

If Luke could guess, he'd say he was making total heart eyes at the boy in front of him.

"Luke, and you?"

"Michael."

They remained eye contact for the longest time, not wanting to look away. They spent so long not being able to find each other, neither boy wanted to lose sight of the other.

"Michael." Luke repeated softly, closing his eyes as he rested his forehead against his soulmate's. He knew he had the biggest smile on his face.

They stayed like that for another five minutes, pressed against each other in the middle of the library.

They didn't care about people looking at them or wondering what they were doing. The soulmates could have stayed there all day and wouldn't have cared.

And sure, people glanced, but they figured they were just two people who finally found their forever.

— • — • — • —

hi tell me what you thought

any requests?