Maybe I do

Kinda the sequel to the last chapter :)))

In terms of a description...there is no description...

Enjoy!

The Sinclair Residence
Hawkins, Indiana

Lucas was laying on his bed, reading a comic when there was a knock at his window.

Straight away he knew it must be Max. And if it was, there was an emergency.

Opening the window to see his gorgeous girlfriend with tears streaming down her face, eyes red and puffy, and her hair tucked behind her ears.

He let her in as she collapsed into his chest, heaving out sobs and grasping at his shirt.

"Hey, hey. It's okay, you're okay"

"I- I have to tell you something"

"Okay"

He led her towards his bed, sitting her down and kneeling in front of her. She was looking at the floor, avoiding his gaze. Something was definitely wrong.

"What's wrong?"

"I've been thinking. When I was here a few days back...meeting your parents I realised something."

"What's that?"

"I'll tell you but you have to promise you won't speak until I'm done."

"Of course"

"We've talked about my family a lot, how awful my parents were to each other. How horrible it made me feel. Well I've been thinking about it a lot and..."

She took a deep breath.

"I've never seen a real example of love before. My parents divorced, Neil hits my mom , Billy used to bring a different girl home every night. Hell even Mike and El make me feel sick."

She looked up at him for the first time since she climbed through the window. Taking a shaky breath in, she continued.

"Until..." she gulped. "Until I met your parents and, I saw how they look at each other how they talk to each other. I'd never seen love before I met your parents. I'd never felt loved."

Tears were streaming freely down her face now. Her voice becoming watery and sad.

"But also, I've never felt love for someone. I didn't think that was possible but now..."

She placed her hands on his face. The look on her face breaking his heart.

"Now I'm starting to think that I do."

His eyes widened slightly.

She talked hurriedly, "yeah we fight and yeah we aren't perfect and quite frankly this feeling? it's terrifying, it is. Everyone thats ever been in love has been hurt in some way. Some worse than others. Like Nancy and Steve. Or Mike when El disappeared. And I don't want that to happen to us. I've been feeling this way about you for a while but I didn't want to accept it because accepting it meant accepting the fact that I could get hurt. And I feel so stupid now. For all of this." She let out a sob as she continued. "For crying over this. For stressing about it. Jesus, even just for telling you. I'm just so fucking scared Lucas. I'm so scared." She whispered the last part.

He grabbed onto her shoulders lightly and looked her in the eyes. "Can I talk now?"

"Mhm"

"Max, I've been thinking the same thing for so long. And I knew that you had to be the person to bring this up first. Not because you're weak not because you're a wuss or anything like that. Because you had to be ready for it Max. I didn't want you to tell me you loved me just because I said it. I didn't want you to feel bad for not knowing how you feel or why you feel that way. I wanted you to have the time to figure it out on your own. Does that make sense?"

"Really?"

"Yes"

She smiled at him. The most adorable smile he'd ever seen. Her eyes watery, her cheeks red, her teeth showing and her dimples prominent. "I love you, Lucas Sinclair"

"Max Mayfield, I love you too"

They grinned at each other before leaning in to kiss each other.

"You're perfect" he stated as they pulled away, foreheads still resting against each other.

She blushed but tried to keep herself composed.

"I know"

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED LUMAXS FIRST I LOVE YOU <3333

[691 words]