Locker Room Secrets

Good old fashioned locker room make-out :) not explicit!!

Hawkins, Indiana
August 1988
Friday, 9pm

3 weeks. It had been 3 weeks since he last saw Max. It had been late July, when they were laying on his bed in a tangled mess of bedsheets, when Lucas had accidentally told her he loved her. Though, it was true, it wasn't exactly something he had wanted to tell her yet. He anticipated her reaction and it had come in almost exactly the way he had expected. Silence. It had been awkward for a while when Lucas decided to apologise to her. She had responded with a "Just forget about it" and stormed out. And that was the last time he had seen her.

Now his first basketball game of the season had just ended and school had started back a week ago. Max was nowhere to be found. He looked for her in every hallway and around every corner and still, she was gone. They weren't on the best of terms but Lucas was still worried sick about her and wasn't going to stop until he knew she was safe. He looked around, there was no one in the locker room with him. Where had Patrick gone? He reckoned it was probably the fact that he was overthinking about Max rather than paying attention to his surroundings that resulted in him not knowing where his best friend had went. As he shifted slightly in his spot the door opened slowly. "Can I come in?" It was a voice so familiar. A girl. A girl with a soft, quiet voice. Max.

"Yeah, of course," he replied, looking up at his girlfriend as she closed the door behind her. She turned to face him, eyes red and puffy as if she had been crying. "What's wrong?" He asked, gesturing got her to sit next to him on the bench. She looked up at him from the spot he had pointed to. She looked like she had been crying for a while.
"Um..." She tried to start but she couldn't come up with the words. He raised an eyebrow at her, she shook her head. "It's dumb. Sorry." She stated, getting up to go.
"No! Max...wait," He pleaded, watching as she turned back to him. "Talk to me." He patted the spot on the bench gently. She, reluctantly, sat back down beside him.

"I love you too." She stated suddenly, he looked up at her with wide eyes, his mouth opening to speak. "Don't say a word." She warned, glaring at him. He shut his mouth immediately. "I'm sorry for running out like I did. It was selfish and I can't imagine how shitty I made you feel." She explained, "you didn't deserve that, I was just...scared. I guess." She folded her arms in front of her, self consciously.

"Can I say something?" He asked, watching as she nodded nervously. "I know." He smirked, watching as her eyebrows raised. "I mean...who could resist this." He flexed his muscles sarcastically as she burst out laughing.
"You're...an idiot." She smiled, her hand going to his shoulder. He smiled back at her, pulling her closer.
"But seriously, Max. I'm not mad at you or anything, I knew you just needed time." He comforted her, rubbing her back as she hugged him. She nodded against his shoulder.

"Thank you." She said, "for understanding." He shook his head and pulled her in tighter.
"There's nothing to thank me for," he said before continuing, "Hey so I was thinking..." he started before the locker room door flew open.
"Sinclair! You coming out for drinks?" Patrick asked before noticing Max cuddled into his friend's chest. "Uh...never mind. Next time?" He asked, watching as he nodded before grabbing his bag and leaving.

"Was Patrick the last one who needed his stuff?" Max questioned after a while, smirking when Lucas nodded in confusion. "Good," she moved her leg closer to his as she placed a hand on his face, pulling him into a kiss. He deepened the kiss by placing a hand on her leg. She smiled at him, pulling him in again after he stopped for air. She placed a hand on his chest, he smiled as he pulled away slightly.

She looked up at him, confused, as he grabbed her hand. He guided it under his jersey, placing it on his bare chest. She smiled at him as she leaned in to kiss him again. He grabbed her waist and pulled her up with him as he stood, keeping his hands there as he felt her hand move around his chest. She smiled sweetly as she pulled away for air. He stared at her in awe before she noticed she was rubbing her arms as if she was trying to  keep herself warm.

"Cold?" He asked, watching as she nodded, cuddling herself against him. "My place? Mom has the heater on." He smiled as she nodded against him again. He wrapped her up in his letterman and picked up his bag up. He guided her gently out of the school and to his car, on the car ride home he played cheesy love songs as she pretended to be annoyed by him.

When they arrived at the Sinclair's, Lucas got out of the car, walking over to open Max's side for her and guided her into his house. "Mom? We're here!" Lucas called out, they could faintly hear someone, his mom presumably, make their way down the stairs.
"Oh, hey!" She smiled, gesturing for Max to follow her into the living room. "You're shivering, I didn't think it was very cold out." She mused, Max smiled.
"Still not used to Hawkins weather, I guess," She replied politely. Sue nodded, pointing at Lucas.
"You get her up to that room of yours and wrap her in all the blankets you can find." Lucas nodded, grabbing his girlfriends hand and pulling her upstairs before his mom could say anything else. "And no Funny Business!" She huffed as she failed to get a response from the pair.

In Lucas's room, Max was wrapped in his covers and a blanket. Lucas was laying beside her in just his Tigers sweatpants, she rested her face against his bare chest as he pulled her closer. "I can't believe you think it's cold." He mused, "your body probably just wants to be close to me." He teased, watching as her eyes widened.
"Oh shut up," she groaned, moving her leg up and over his legs, his breath hitched. "Don't get too excited there, stalker." She teased. He rolled his eyes and shoved her away gently.

They lay there for hours, they talked about anything they could possibly thinking and by 11pm Max was out cold on top of him. He smiled down at her, kissing her forehead, before getting a little more comfortable. Well, as comfortable as he possibly could without waking her up. "Night," he mumbled against her forehead as he kissed her again. He felt himself fall asleep.

MY BABIES :(