Season Four, Episode One (Lumax's Version)

The start of Season 4 but if lumax were on good terms!! Some dialogue isn't accurate to the show.

Hawkins High
March 1986

The bus came to a halt as Lucas squeezed Max's hand that was resting on her thigh, they continued to hold hands as they got off. They were stopped by Miss Kelly as they were walking toward the gym, "Hey, good session yesterday. I'd like to see you again today if that's alright?" She suggested to Max, the redhead smiled and nodded as Lucas rubbed his thumb over the hand he was holding. "Alright, right after first period come see me," she smiled, watching as the pair walked away.

"How's that going?" Lucas asked as he stopped to buy water for her from the vending machine, she smiled and thanked him.
"It's alright," She shrugged, stopping outside the locker room as he held the strap of his bag with his free hand. "I'll see you after," she smiled, kissing his cheek softly before turning and making her way to the gym. He smiled to himself, slightly flustered as he scratched the back of his neck.

Max felt the rumble of people's feet against the bleachers as she waited for Lucas to enter the gym. He had been helping her a lot lately to grieve Billy's death and understand her complicated feelings. He had warned her the night before that Jason may mention him during his speech at the pep rally, she wasn't looking forward to it to say the least.

The crowd burst into cheers as the tigers ran into the gym, Max stood up watching as Lucas emerged from the doors. He was smiling wide as he joined the line in the middle of the gym. When he noticed she was watching him he raised a hand to wave at her, she smiled slightly as she waved back, ignoring the way Mike rolled his eyes at them. She zoned out as Jason started to talk, only focusing again when he mentioned Billy, she looked at the floor as she felt eyes on her.

After the Rally, Lucas celebrated with the team for a while before meeting up with the group at the doors. He wrapped an arm around Max, guiding her out of the gym as his friends tried to keep up behind them. "Slow down, Jesus!" Mike complained as his friends slowed down a bit, he nudged Max out of his way. Dustin and Mike stood either side of Lucas as Max trailed behind, she sighed lightly as she put her headphones on.

"Just ask your coach to move the game!" She heard over her music, her brows furrowing in confusion. She removed her headphones as Lucas started to talk about how it was the championship game, they didn't seem to care much. He was asking them to come to the game but they had seemingly picked hellfire over their longtime friend. Her expression turned to rage as she pushed between Lucas and Mike.

"Are you fucking serious?" She asked, glaring at Mike. "Lucas has been your friend for what? Like 10 years? And you're leaving him for a game?" She scoffed, "some fucking friend you are." She rolled her eyes, putting her headphones back on and trailing behind again. Mike kept his mouth shut for the rest of the time it took to reach their next period class. Dustin begged Lucas to skip the game to no avail. "Just come to my game, please. That's all I'm asking." He pleaded as they made it to class.

He grabbed his girlfriends hand as he lead her inside, sitting together at the back corner of the class. He placed his hand on her thigh, linking their fingers together, and leaned his head against her shoulder. She rubbed his arm and asked him what was wrong, pulling her headphones off with her other hand. "I just wish they would support me a little, you know?" He vented, she just listened to him as he continued."Like, I support everything they do. I show up to every big event that they have and I need them to come this once and they can't even show up for me. I feel like I'm wasting my time with them." He sighed, playing with her fingers.

She frowned at him before speaking,
"You..." She started, waiting for him to make eye contact with her before she continued, "Are the most incredible person I've ever met. And more than that you're the most caring friend and boyfriend that anyone could ever ask for and we're all so unbelievably lucky to have you. You're completely justified in feeling the way you do, okay?" She tried to comfort him, his face lit up at her words. He smiled shyly,
"Thank you." He stated, kissing her cheek as he sat up straight. The pair watched as a sub teacher came in, explaining that they were watching one of the teachers really old videos about mitosis. Max groaned as she rested her head against his shoulder, his head resting on top of hers.

"Max?" He started, his voice hushed as she hummed in response, "Are you coming to the game?" He asked.
"I mean sure...nothing better to do," she stated, staring blankly at the board. His face dropped,
"Oh..." he said, sighing sadly as he looked down at the floor in front of them, she lifted her head at that.
"No, oh my god Lucas I was joking. I swear." She whispered as he smiled slightly. "Bad joke, I'm sorry." She continued, wrapping an arm around him. He shook his head mouthing 'its okay' before they continued watching the video on the projector.

"Can you come to my place after the game?" He questioned, she raised an eyebrow at him.
"Got plans for me, stalker?" She teased, smiling back at him. He shook his head quickly.
"N-no! No, I promise I didn't mean it like that." He whisper-yelled, watching as she giggled at him slightly. He sighed in relief as he grabbed his bag, watching the hand on the clock move before the bell rang, "I'll uh...walk you to Miss Kelly's? If that's okay...?" He smiled, she nodded her head eagerly as she grabbed her bag in one hand and his hand in the other.

They walked past Patrick on their way, "I need to talk to you, meet you by your locker when you're done, yeah?" He asked watching as Lucas nodded before turning back in the direction they were walking.
"I have a team meeting at lunch and we don't have any classes together for the rest of the day so...I'll see you at the game?" He asked, she nodded.
"I'll be there, I'll be your personal cheerleader." She said, as she sarcastically pretended to shake imaginary Pom Pom's. He shook his head at her.

"You'd make a great cheerleader." He teased, her face turned in disgust.
"You'd love that, wouldn't you?" She smirked, he just shrugged. "I know exactly where you could see me in a cheerleading uniform." She smiled, he raised his eyebrows as she leaned closer to his ear. "In. Your. Dreams." She whispered as he rolled his eyes with a groan. She smiled widely at him before kissing his cheek and turning to enter Miss Kelly's office. "See you later!" She beamed, he waved her off as he grumbled. He turned to walk away, smiling. God, he loves her so much.

Little short and soft chapter, hope you enjoyed!!