Religions in Your Lips

Lumax making out...basically. Enjoy! Characters are 17, some drug and alcohol use. Not excessive but be aware.

Hawkins High, Hawkins Indiana
November 1988
Study Hall, 10am

Will slammed his bag down on the table, startling his sister who was studying quietly. "Will! You scared me!" El complained, pressing her hand against her chest.
"You're actually, like...studying?" He asked as he sat down next to her.
"Yeah...? It's called study hall for a reason." Will rolled his eyes at that, getting out his sketch pad and coloured pencils.
"No one actually studies here, it's basically just a break from classes." He informed her, smiling softly and focussing on his drawing.
"Well...you do art in school. So technically you are studying." She explained, watching her brother's expression turn unamused as he looked back down at the drawing.
"Shut up."

"Hey guys, what's going on?" Mike asked, sitting down between the bickering siblings as Dustin took his seat opposite Will.
"Will is calling me a nerd." El explained, a look of disbelief washed over her brother's face.
"I did not! I told you people don't usually study here!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up in defeat.
"Same thing." She teased, resting her head on Mike's shoulder. It was then that they realised the table of six was still noticeably empty.
"So uh...where's Lucas and Max...?" Dustin asked, hesitantly.

In an empty history classroom along the hall, Max was sitting on the desk, her boyfriend standing between her legs as he kissed her passionately. She giggled slightly as he ran his hands along her sides, her arms around his neck. "I missed you." She muttered against his lips, leaning back to deepen the kiss.
"I was...gone...for like...4 days." He replied between kisses, confusion evident on his face.
"4 days too long." She complained, moving around on the table slightly. In doing so she had shifted her Walkman out of place, she winced as she heard it hit the floor.

She pulled away from the kiss, resting her forehead against his as they began to laugh together. "We're late to study hall." Lucas observed, glancing at his watch.
"Bet that old bat can't even remember our names, we'll be fine." His girlfriend mused, fixing her shirt as she tried to make herself look more presentable. "You better not have left any marks." There was a slight accusatory tone to her voice but he could barely make it out between the sarcasm.

He picked up the Walkman for her and slid it into her bag, grabbing her hand and leading her towards study hall. "What excuse are we gonna give the guys this time?" Lucas asked, looking around at all the display boards on the walls.
"Just say we were making out." Max shrugged, it seemed like a pretty simple solution to her.
"Yeah, no. I'll say I was getting catch up stuff I missed when I was out of town. Or maybe you had to sort out getting a tutor or something." He considered.
"Let's go with the option that doesn't make me sound stupid?" She questioned, sarcastically, making her boyfriend laugh.
"Alright then."

11.30am

The sound of Max's pencil tapping on the desk filled the room as everyone focused on starting their final essays for Spanish. She was bored out of her mind, counting down the minutes till she could see her boyfriend again. She didn't think of herself as a clingy person but she often found herself missing him in moments like these where she felt alone. She raised her hand, waiting for a response from the sub teacher. He was an older man with a doctorate in History, she had him for history since freshman year, he was nice enough. How he ended up in a town like Hawkins, Max had no idea. "Max?" He questioned, whispering as he approached her desk as to not disturb the rest of the class.
"Hi, I'm having some...lady problems right now and I really need to go to the bathroom. Is that okay?" She asked.
"'Course. Don't be long." He smiled, unfazed by her excuse. She thanked him promptly, grabbing her things and made her way out of the class.