No Regrets

Post Season 4

Mayfield Trailer
January 1987

Max ran her hand across Lucas's arm, they were laying on top of her bed, on their sides but facing each other. They had gotten back together a few weeks prior after she was released from the hospital. "I missed you so much," he said sadly, rubbing his thumb across her cheek. She smiled gently at him, placing her hand on top of his, stopping his thumb.
"I'm here now," she reassured him, pulling herself closer and cuddling into his chest. He flipped over onto his back as she lay her head on his shoulder, her hand on his chest.

She had been growing frustrated with him recently. They had been kissing a lot, even making out sometimes, but he had refused to do anything except touch her face or her hair and very rarely her back. She was grateful that he was being respectful but wished he'd be a little bit less...cautious. She lifted her head off of his shoulder, using her hand to guide his face towards her, she smiled before leaning in. They kissed softly for a while before he shuffled up into a sitting position, deepening the kiss.

She was surprised that he was the one to deepen it this time, hoping that meant that he'd be a little less careful this time. She smiled against his lips as she moved one of her legs between his. She placed a hand on his chest, the other going up to the back of his head. She scratched his neck and jawline gently as she continued to kiss him.

After a while, he hadn't made an attempt to go any further. So, she grabbed his hand which was on her back and moved it lower, she watched how his eyes widened before he pulled away slightly. "What's wrong?" She asked, inches away from his face. He shook his head, pulling her into his chest so they could cuddle again. Max pulled away from the hug, standing up. He looked at her, confused.

"Lucas, you're freaking me out!" She yelled, her arms flailing around. "Seriously, any other guy your age wouldn't hesitate to go further than what we just did." She complained, watching him look at the floor. She sighed, sitting down next to him on the bed. "What's wrong?" She asked, placing a hand on his leg. He shook his head.
"It's stupid." He murmured, rubbing his arms self consciously. Her expression softened,
"Come on, talk to me." She said.

"I just- I don't want to hurt you. And before to say anything, I know you're fully healed now that's why I said it's stupid. Plus, I..." he trailed off. She looked at him sympathetically, rubbing his leg gently.
"Plus?" She urged, smiling at him encouragingly.
"Plus, I don't want to do anything you'd regret. And if I'm being honest I uh...I don't really know what I'm doing." He confessed, screwing his eyes shut. He was anticipating her laughing at him.

She relaxed slightly, leaning over and cuddling up to him again. "Lucas," she started, looking into his eyes. "I don't know what I'm doing either. We can work it out together, okay? And I'm never going to regret anything that I do with you. Okay? Nothing." She said, watching his body relax. He nodded, rubbing her back gently before kissing the top of her head. She pulled away from him. "Can we try again?" She asked, he nodded reluctantly.

She pulled him up into a sitting position, clearing her hair away from her face. She smiled at him reassuringly as he leaned in to kiss her, he hesitated for a second. "You won't hurt me, okay? Don't worry." With that he placed one hand on her face and the other on her waist. She gasped as he kissed her, slightly tougher than she was used to. She wasn't complaining.

She placed a hand on his stomach, leaning closer as she placed her other hand on the back of his neck. He leaned back slightly, allowing her to lean over him. She knew this was his way of giving her most of the power but she didn't mind. His hand slipped from her waist down to her lower back, trailing it lower as she smiled against his lips. He smiled nervously too before she kissed him again.

His breath hitched as he felt her tugging at the bottom of his shirt, "is this okay?" She let out, breathily. He nodded hesitantly, pulling away so she could pull his shirt off. Her eyebrows raised as she examined his muscles, she let out an exasperated sigh as she trailed her hand along his chest. "I..." she trailed off as he smirked, clearly gaining confidence from her shock. She leaned in to kiss him again but before they could kiss her front door blew open. He stared at her, shocked, before she rolled her eyes and kissed him again.

"Max...isn't that...your mom?" He asked between kisses. She nodded and placed her hand on the back of his neck again.
"Can we not talk about her right Now? She'll pass out on the couch soon." She brushed it off, gasping as Lucas flipped them over. He smiled at her as he kissed her roughly, she giggled as he pulled away and began to cover her face with kisses. He dropped down beside her on the bed, facing her and trailing his hand up and down her leg.

"I'm tired." He said, followed by a yawn. She rolled her eyes but still let him cuddle up to her gently, kissing her cheek softly, repeatedly.
"Get some rest," She smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. She felt an overwhelming amount of love for him in that moment as she reminded herself that he was being so careful with her because he thought he might hurt her. She smiled to herself, kissing his head softly and cuddling into his chest. She wanted to tell him that she loved him but she looked up to find him snoring softly. She'd tell him in the morning.

Hope you enjoyed!!