Cold and High

Hawkins, Indiana
July 1989
2am

"Feeling anything yet?," Max huffed, laying her head on his chest. She was laying between his legs, her back against him on top of the hill where they had built cerebro several years earlier. He moved his head in a weird motion,
"No..." he said, dragging out the 'o'. She smiled at him as he booped her nose. "Stop spinning." He said, grabbing her and holding her closer. She laughed,
"I'm not spinning, that's the weed." She smiled, leaning up to kiss his cheek before she took another hit. He screwed his nose up at the smell as he started to stroke her hair.

"Is this new?" He asked, she looked at him, bewildered.
"What?" She questioned, laughing slightly. He shrugged as he sniffed her hair. She started to laugh harder.
"The...soap?" He asked, she raised an eyebrow at him. "The shampoo! I mean the shampoo," he called out, his voice blaring in her ear. She jumped slightly, holding a hand to her chest. "Sorry." He whispered shyly, leaning close to her ear.

He grabbed a water bottle that she handed him, a confused expression on his face.
"You need to hydrate, Stalker." She smiled, her hand tracing shapes in the grass. "Grass feels weird." She mused, grabbing his hand and rubbing it across the ground below them. He nodded in agreement.

"Your hand is soft," he commented after taking a sip of the water, he held her hand up to his face. She giggled quietly as he played with her fingers. "I love you," he smiled, kissing the top of her head. She flipped herself over, looking up at him
"I love you too." She smiled, kissing him softly. She deepened the kiss as she held one of her hands out to the side, holding the joint far away to ensure she didn't burn either of them. She turned the joint in her hand and held it up to his lips as he took a hit. He still coughed lightly but significantly less than he did after his first hit.

He grimaced at the smell as she turned it back around and took a hit herself. "How do you do this so often?" He screwed up his face watching as she took the hit. She shrugged as she held it up to his lips again, watching him breathe in deeply and blow the smoke back out.
"Not sure, used to it I guess." She said, digging the butt of the finished joint into the ground to put it out.

Max watched as her boyfriend leaned over, grabbing his Walkie and calling out for Dustin, who answered quite quickly. "Can you come pick up Max and I? We're at cerebro." She could hear his protests faintly as she zoned out, looking at the stars. "Dustins coming," he mumbled into her ear.

They lay there for thirty minutes before Dustin arrived, he stared at them and yelled from the bottom of the hill for them to come down. They stumbled down to him while holding their belongings and one hand and each others hand in the other. "Hi, Dusty." She smiled, hugging him as she approached. He greeted her and led them to his car. He could tell they were both high from the moment he saw them, rolling his eyes as he opened the door.

"Where are we going?" Max questioned, sitting in Lucas's lap in the back of the car.
"Lucas's house," Dustin grumbled, watching as she kissed her boyfriends cheek and then his neck. "Max!" He yelled, startling her. "Get in your own seat and get your seatbelt on!" He complained, starting the car. She huffed and climbed off of him, fastening her seatbelt.

She rested her head on Lucas's shoulder the entire journey home, "what are you doing awake?" Max questioned to Dustin as he pulled onto Maple Street. He shrugged,
"Just finished talking to Suzie." He replied, "alright! That's you, on you go. Off to bed, pronto!" He rushed them, quickly, as they climbed out. They thanked him and watched as he turned to them from the drivers seat. "Keep it PG my friends!" He yelled before they shut the door and he drove off. They rolled their eyes as they turned to the house.

They entered the Sinclair house quietly. Well, as quiet as they could before Max walked face first into the living room door. She laughed loudly as she dragged Lucas to the floor with her, both of them laughing louder than they thought they had been. They stopped as they heard a door shut upstairs. They looked at each other, alarmed, before Lucas opened the door and dragged her to the couch.

He pulled his shirt off and pulled her into a kiss, "I know you don't like PDA in front of my parents but just trust me, okay?" He said, quickly, as she nodded. He kissed her again, pulling her closer as they began to make out. Sue turned the corner and entered the room, uttering a quiet 'oh' as she realised what was going on. Max pulled away quickly.
"Sue, I'm so sorry. Did we wake you up?" She asked, feigning concern as she looked around nervously, Lucas stroking her hair.

The older woman waved her off, "yeah, but that's okay. You two get to bed soon, okay?" She asked, watching as Max nodded. She scrunched up her nose slightly, "smells weird in here." She observed, Max just smiled, pretending to divert her attention to Lucas who had placed a hand on her shoulder and was pulling her into a cuddle. "Alright, well...Night," She whispered, ascending the stairs. "Night!" They called, cringing at the volume of their voices, they thanked god that the room was dark. They knew that if Sue could have seen their red eyes she would have known what they were up to.

"Bedtime?" Max suggested, yawning as she cuddled into his chest. He nodded, grabbing her hand and leading her to his room. He opened the door and guided her over to her drawer in his dresser. "No." She whined, shutting the drawer over, "I want one of yours." She said, pointing at his shirt drawer.
"Okay," He smiled, opening it and pulling out a science fair T-Shirt that had his last name on the back. Her favourite. He handed it to her as she picked out some underwear from her drawer.

He turned to get a pair of pyjama pants for himself and pulled them on when she was turned around. He sat on his bed, watching as she pulled her shirt off. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." She teased, looking over her shoulder at him before pulling his shirt over her head. He scratched the back of his neck as she manoeuvred her hands under the shirt. Next thing he knew, she was pulling her bra off from under the shirt and changing her underwear. She turned to him, watching the way his eyes were locked on her.

She approached him, standing between his legs as he sat at the foot of his bed. "You seem cold." He stated. She nodded but she was slightly confused. "Come here, I'll keep you warm." He teased, pulling her into a kiss as she rolled her eyes. He dragged her down onto the bed. She was on top of him as he deepened the kiss, he placed a hand in her waist as she smiled at him and crawled up to lay her head on his pillow. He returned the smile and lay down next to her.

"I love you so much." She smiled, looking up at his bedroom ceiling. The lights were still spinning as the pair looked up at them.
"I love you too," He replied, kissing her cheek then her neck. She giggled at the ticklish feeling before curling into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her as they held each other close. "You still cold?" He asked, she shook her head lightly against his chest.

Soon, her body went limp and her breathing became slower but deeper. He watched her peaceful expression before her face became squished against his chest. He laughed at the pout her lips formed from the pressure of his chest against her cheek. He kissed her forehead and pulled the covers over her shoulders. 

Lumax soft/fluffy (non-sexual) neck kisses are so personal to me😭😭😭 hope you enjoyed!