I promise you this, I'll always look out for you

Lucas Takes Abi out for a Father-Daughter date aka Lucas x His Future Daughter fluff :)

Based on my 'future Lumax' chapter so pls read that for details.

Also to avoid confusion the living room and kitchen are connected (like an open floor plan kind of thing)

Tw//mentions of child abuse at the end but no descriptions :)

The Mayfield / Sinclair Residence
February 14th 1994
4:30pm

"I'm home!" Lucas yelled out to his family as he wiped his feet on the mat, being greeted by their dog Kevin. "Hey bud." He whispered as he scratched the dogs ears before throwing a ball for him, "go get it."

Suddenly tiny running sounds were heard on the wood of the living room floor and suddenly two of his kids were running towards him, "Daddy!" Abi yelled as Lucas picked her up and kissed her head.

"How was work?" Zach asked.

"It was good thanks kiddo, and your speaking is getting better good job" he replied, ruffling his hair. Zach smiled proudly. "Where's mom?"

The kids pointed back towards the living and dining area. As Lucas followed where they were pointing he saw max on the rocking chair in the corner with their 6 month old son wrapped up in her arms.

"Hey you two," Lucas whispered as he sat on the couch nearby.

"Hey Lu," Max whispered back. It was then that he realised she was feeding him. "He's been weird today, this is the first time he's ate in 9 hours." She said, her tone laced with concern.

Lucas furrowed his eyebrows at that, "is he sick?"

"He's running a fever and he won't eat," as if on cue Myles pulled back and started to cough, a rough scratchy cough. "Oh you poor thing, he might have a chest infection." She considered.

"I can take him to the pediatrician?" Lucas suggested.

"You know he won't let go of me for that long, I'll take him." She smiled.

"Alright can you drop Zach off at The Henderson's for Luke's birthday party too?" He asked, leaning forward to pick up the invitation.

"Yeah of course," she replied, gathering Myles up in the blanket and calling for Zach to come downstairs.

"Oh and max?"

"Yeah?"

"Happy Valentine's Day," he smiled, pointing towards the presents on the counter. "We can open those...later." He winked sarcastically as she laughed.

"Alright dork, see you later."

Once they had left it was just Lucas and Abi at home. About an hour later he was watching TV when she ran into the room.

"Daddy!"

"Hey princess, what you up to?"

"Toys!"

"Cool, what toy?"

"A Truck!"

"A truck?! Cool!" He smiled at his daughters excited expression as she explained why her favorite truck is a dump truck.