If I showed up at your party.

What would have happened if Max showed up at Lucas' Basketball game? In this AU Chrissy's death happens a day later than it does in the show! Will proofread later!!

The crowds rattled the stands as the Hawkins Tigers ran into the gym. Lucas felt like he was on cloud 9 as he looked around at everyone cheered for them. He couldn't bring himself to look for his friends or girlfriend. ex girlfriend. He kept his eyes fixed on Tammy Thompson as she began to sing the National anthem so badly that he felt his ears begin to ring.

Near the end of the song he plucked up enough courage to turn around, they weren't there. Deep down he knew they wouldn't be there but...they weren't there. He turned back to the front as their principal began to speak again. Soon, the game had begun and Lucas sat with his face in his hands watching from the sidelines. Soon, they were around halfway through and both teams were close in points.

As his team returned to the bench to get some water, Patrick turned to him. "Sinclair, ain't that your girl?" He pointed. He turned around quickly to see Max crossing the bleachers to sit a couple rows behind him. She smiled shyly at him and the rest of the team before making a hand gesture at them, implying they should turn around and pay attention to their coach.

One of the Tigers's players was injured close to the end of the game and soon their coach was telling Lucas to get off the bench. He froze, thinking he had imagined it. But soon he heard Max's voice calling out to him, urging him to get on the court. As he joined the game he began to assist plays but didn't dare to try and shoot.

There were only a few second left on the clock and they were down by only a few points and Jason informed the team he was going to try to get them their last few points. But, when he attempted he failed and suddenly Lucas found himself with the ball in his hands. He dribbled the ball out of the crowd and turned on one foot, without thinking much about it her aimed the ball for the basket and threw it. It felt like slow motion as the ball bounced off of the backboard and went through the hoop.

They won. They won.

As they announced the Tigers' victory he felt himself being lifted by his team mates. He lifted his arms in the air and smiled. When they let him down he caught Max's eye and noticed her smiling at him, he returned the smile and gestured that he was going to change.

In the locker room everybody celebrated and they invited him to a celebration at Benny's. Without even thinking he told them he'd be there. Then he realised that Max was there, there to see him and he just promised he'd leave with them. "I'll be right back guys." Lucas said before Patrick stopped him.
"I've got an extra space in my car if you wanna bring your girl, up to you." He offered, punching his shoulder and walking past him.

He found her sitting against the lockers near the science corridor. "Hey." He started, making her look up.
"Hey," she smiled, patting the floor next to her. He joined her, sitting down on the floor and placing a hand on her thigh instinctively. He lifted it quickly,
"Shit, I'm sorry." He said, flustered. She waved it off.
"It's fine. Instinct, right?" She asked, he nodded.
"Hey, so...you don't have to agree to this but the guys are throwing this celebration thing and since I scored the winning point I feel like I should make an appearance," he started and watched as she raised an eyebrows while keeping her eyes fixed on the wall. "But I know...I think you're here to see me so, um...If you don't want to go that's fine but there's a space in Patricks car if you want to...?"

She sat in silence. "I'm not here for you." She said suddenly. His face dropped.
"Oh." He stated, simply. "Sorry I just assumed..." he was interrupted by her laughing. He looked at her with confusion as she turned to him.
"Who else would I be here to see?" She smiled. He let out a sigh of relief as she stood up. "Let's go." She said.
He stayed silent for a second.
"...go?" He questioned as he looked at her cluelessly.
"To the party?" She said with a huff. As if that wasn't surprising enough, she grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.