Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You

A collection of moments from the Summer of 85! All fluff for once!! 😁 This isn't proof read so I'm sorry for any mistakes. I'll proof read soon and make any necessary changes. Pls don't comment about any mistakes cause they will be fixed.

The Sinclair Residence
Early June

"Lucas! Lucas...Stop! Lucas stop!" Max yelled in between giggles. She was in Lucas's arms, they were wrapped around her tight, and she has her back against his chest and he rocked them side to side slowly. She rolled her eyes and pretended to be frustrated with him but his small kisses on her head and him singing in her ear were very distracting.

"You're just too good to be true." He sung in a forced deep, slow voice. "Can't take my eyes off of you" he poked her on the chest near her heart. She giggled and pushed him away lightly by the cheek. He moved closer to her again "You'd be like Heaven to touch!" he began to sing louder. She covered her face as it quickly turned red. "I wanna hold you so much!" He threw his arms out dramatically then wrapped them around her tightly. She laughed loudly, scrunching her nose and turning to burrow her face in the crook of his neck.

"At long last, love has arrived" he mumbled into her hair , "And I thank God I'm alive" he smiled against her. "You're just too good to be true!" He poked her again. "Can't take my eyes off you" he pulled her closer and kissed her softly. As the music swelled and built he slapped her arms lightly to the beat of the drums. "I LOVE YOU BABY!" He yelled suddenly, her jaw dropping as she reached up to cover his mouth.

"Lucas!" She yelled in shock, her eyes widening. He chuckled at her as he wrapped his arms around her waist and rolled them over. She made a small squealing sound and he pulled away from her.
"Did you just squeal?" He asked smugly, smirking at her slightly. She looked at him with a fake offended look.
"No?!" She replied, punching his shoulder lightly.
"Ooh, you're such a girlll!" He exclaimed in a teasing, singsong voice.
"Oh shut up," she mumbled but she was smiling at him while she said it.

"Then shut me up." He teased, slightly smirking again. She rolled her eyes and turned them around so she was in his lap, facing him. "What's wrong? Scared?" He teased as she looked at him apprehensively. "It's okay to be..." he trailed off as she leaned in to kiss him. When they pulled away, they kept their lips only centimetres apart. She smiled slightly.
"You were saying?" She quirked an eyebrow at him. He huffed out a laugh and shook his head. He leaned in as if he was about to kiss her again but as she leaned in to meet his lips he pushed her forward against the mattress and showered her face with kisses. She went red almost immediately and redirected him to her lips with her hand on his cheek. "You're an idiot." She huffed and she leaned in to kiss him again.

Starcourt Mall
Mid June

"I thought you said 'sitting anywhere but the middle of the movie theatre is a waste'?" She teased in a deep, sloppy voice, Imitating him. He laughed slightly,
"yeah for a sci-fi or action movie that requires a lot of attention to detail. We're going to see a chick flick." He mentioned, shuddering dramatically.
"We are not." Max defended as they joined the line at the popcorn counter.
"It's a Movie about a group of teens who are polar opposites who inevitably fall in love with each other or become friends. How is that not a chick flick?"

Max rolled her eyes as she stepped up the counter and ordered a popcorn for them to share. They walked to the screening room while Lucas held the popcorn with one arm and use the other to hold her hand. They spent pretty much the entire movie engrossed but by the end they found themselves kissing passionately in the empty theatre as the end credits began to play and 'don't you (forget about me)' continued in the background.

Afterwards they sat outside 'Scoops Ahoy' with a vanilla cone each. "Come on, admit it." She urged, smiling over at him.
"There's nothing to admit!" He defended, smiling back at her while eating his ice cream.
"You liked the movie. Admit it!" She beamed, excitedly bouncing slightly in her chair. He raised an eyebrow at her before looking down at his cone again.
"The emo one reminded me of you." He deadpanned, licking some ice cream that dripped down the cone. She opened her mouth and let out a sigh of disbelief. "Wow." She replied, slumping back in her chair. He smiled at her as he rested his arm against the table, urging her to hold his hand.

Starcourt Mall
Late June

They held hands as they wandered around the mall looking through all the stores and trying to decide what to buy. They went into the gap and looked through the sale section for a while. It was there that they saw a striped tank top for men and a plain yellow one for women. They matched quite well, Lucas thought, and even though they weren't the type of couple to flaunt their relationship they bought them and wore them proudly all day. On their way out, Lucas saw two blue shirts that were identical, one for men and one for women. They had black stitching along the hems of the short sleeves and the neckline.

"Go ahead to scoops I'll be two seconds, 'kay?" Lucas questioned, letting go of her soft hand and stopping in his spot. She frowned slightly but nodded and turned to walk away. He bought the shirts along with a white shirt with multi-coloured stripes and red hemming that Max had mentioned she liked. He made his way to scoops where Max was waiting with a vanilla cone in her left hand and a chocolate one in her right, presumably hers since he preferred vanilla.

"I got you sprinkles," she smiled in an almost shy manner, ducking her head as she awaited his response.
"Thanks MadMax," He beamed at her, kissing her forehead lightly as they sat down in their regular booth.
"I got you a present." He smiled, grabbing her hand and kissing her knuckles lightly. She blushed at the sudden display of affection and looked around to see if anyone was watching. She caught Steve's eye from across the room but he just shook his head and walked into the back room of the store.

"What is it?" She asked, as he sat the bag next to him on the chair. He looked up at her and smiled,
"Here," he offered, handing her the blue shirt . She looked at him in confusion. He pulled out his matching shirt and showed it to her. She froze slightly and hid face dropped, "We don't have to wear them at the same time. I know we aren't that kind of couple but..." he began to ramble. She placed her hand on his arms that was resting on the table.
"Lucas." She said in an attempt to calm him down, which worked. "Calm down, okay? I love it." She smiled.
"Really?" He sighed in relief as she nodded and stuffed the shirt in her bag.

"Something else for you." He smiled, reaching into the bag again. She shook her head at him,
"No, Lucas...that's not fair. You didn't have to do that." She objected as he turned to her and showed her the shirt. "Oh...Lucas." She broke out into a smile as she covered her face. "You really didn't have to..."
"I wanted to." He interrupted, reaching over to grab her hand.
"Thank you." She said, sincerely.

The Mayfield-Hargrove Residence
The End of June

Max and Lucas ran through the woods to the window of her bedroom. They had spent the day surprising Dustin but, shamefully, they just wanted to be alone. So, they made some lame excuse about needing to leave and ran home. Max pulled her window open and snuck Lucas in with her.  As soon as they were in, she stuck a chair under her door knob and turned to face him. He raised his eyebrows at her as she placed her hands on his cheeks and pulled his face down closer to her. Their lips met and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They continued to kiss as they sat on the edge of her bed, her right hand slowly moving up to run through his hair. He pulled away and smiled against her lips before kissing her again. When they pulled away Max began to laugh "You know this doesn't make us any better than Mike and El, right?" She questioned.
"Of course it does, at least we spent some time with Dustin." He defended.
"Fair enough," she smiled. But just as they leaned in to kiss again there was a knock at the door and then the door knob began to shake.

"Max!" A voice came through the door. Billy. "Max open this door! Open this damn door!" He began to shake the doorknob more aggressively.
"I should go..." Lucas said, standing up. She looked at him sadly, standing up too. She kissed him quickly and watched as he climbed out of the window. "Night Max."
"Night," She smiled, closing the window and going to let Billy in the door.

I hope you enjoyed!