004 - Jidenna Leo Okojie

(004 - Jidenna Leo Okojie)

For the sake of those that can't see the chapter number and title because I used "Fancy Fonts", I decided to repeat it like I did above in the bracket, so they won't miss out on anything. I did the same for the POV too and I've edited the first three chapters to look that way too.

I changed Semeeha's picture (not her faceclaim) to a picture that fits into her kind of person, her character. The new picture defines her better than the last one. Check it out and let me know your thoughts on it.

Jidenna is not getting his POV till the next chapter, but you'll still meet him again here, and two other major character in this chapter. I'm sure you are excited about that!🔥

Who and who do you think they would be?🌚

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

"I don't understand how people can be so insensitive!" Semeeha started screaming as soon as we got into the large but empty classroom while leading me to the seat she had saved for me, Dawn following quietly behind.

It was a surprise that the class was empty though. Most of the time before assembly, the class was filled with students. I concluded in my mind that most of them weren't ready to come up yet and most likely, the Prefects were taking their positions around the campus, ready to send students out of the class as soon as Lase rings that bell. Nonetheless, I was very much happy that the class was empty.

I wasn't ready for round two of what I faced outside. I could still feel their words, the reminder of what I had lost, penetrated my skin like bullets.

"It's fine, Semeeha," I muttered as I took my seat, taking my bag from Dawn to swing over the wooden arm of my chair. I said it was fine but whatever this was, it was a far cry from fine.

"It's not fine. They are an insensitive set of people that are just trying to chase clout using the tragic event that happened to you. What kind of mentality is that?!" Semeeha was seething, it was all over her face. In as much as she meant well, a reminder of what happened to me was the last thing I needed.

It reminded me of the parts I played in that event.

And the guilt started sipping in again.

"Semeeha!" Dawn called a bit harshly, stopping Semeeha's rambling. "She honestly doesn't need this right now." She told Semeeha who kept quiet immediately, flashing me an apologetic look.

"I don't want to talk about this again," I told them. "I just want to start afresh," I added and they nodded in understanding.

Turning to glance at the entrance of the door, I expected Jidenna to walk in any minute now. If he was lurking in the corners that led to the hallway, that meant he was coming to class. But if he was avoiding me like I felt he was, he must have decided against coming to class.