069 - It's Going to be a Great Year.

(069 - It's Going to be a Great Year.)

Happy New Year to all Redeemites out there (if you know, you know 🌚). I know it's been a minute, but omo... I'm trying to put my life in order, bear with me.

It's a New year for our babies and a new term. Hilary is doing so much better and I'm glad, but that doesn't mean the Drama has ended. In fact, it just started... and I'm here for all of it. Brace yourself, because it's going to be flipping rocking for some of our babies.

Put Simi, Jidenna, and Semeeha especially in your prayers 😪.

Let's dive. Don't drown😈.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Second term would be resuming today and I was excited.

Super Excited in fact, and that's a first because no sane Nigerian kid should be this excited to resume school. Heck, no sane kid around the globe should be this happy to resume school. I mean, it's school. Who likes school?

Besides, given the chain of events that happened last year and how badly last term ended for me with the whole Jidenna thing, I shouldn't even be looking forward to resumption the way I'm doing now. I shouldn't be this excited to go back to a place saturated with so many toxic and vile human beings who call themselves my classmates, people who didn't fail to share their distasteful opinions about me and my life.

But even with everything that happened, and everything I went through, I still found a way to live above all the negativity and hostile vibes. I have grown, I have evolved and I am a far better version of myself.

I survived sadness, heartbreak, trauma, and grief, and I want to let them know that last year didn't break me. It's all gone, and this is a new beginning for me.

That's why I'm excited.

Or maybe not.

Maybe I'm excited because I get to see my friends for the first time in a while.

Since the new year began, I haven't set my eyes on any of them, unless you count random video calls from Dawn and seldom video chats from Semeeha. Speaking of Semeeha, she has been in and out of town since Christmas, traveling to and fro Lagos to Abuja to prepare for the most important fashion show of her career. Her words, not mine.

Dawn, on the other hand, spent Christmas and New Year at their family house in Coven City with her maternal grandparents, a bunch of uncles, aunts, and cousins. I don't doubt for one second that she had fun, even if they might have driven her crash a couple of times.