005 - Betrayal

(005 - Betrayal)

I couldn't keep the update pending anymore. I'm very excited for you guys to meet Jidenna🔥!! The moment you guys have been waiting for. Jidenna's POV. I really hope he doesn't disappoint but I have a feeling he will. Even the title of this chapter kinda says it all, don't you think?😪💔

There will be an introduction of two more major characters, though one more often than the other. Who do you think they'd be hmmn?

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀 (Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

She was going to be in school today and I'd have to face her.

But I didn't know how to.

God, I wasn't ready to face her. Not with the amount of guilt I was feeling.

Maybe that was why I've been ghosting her all this while- ignoring her phone calls, her text messages for one whole month. It was a dick move, I know but what was I supposed to say to her? What exactly can I say that would diffuse the situation on ground? The situation I had indirectly caused? There was nothing.

Nothing.

It was all my fault. All my fault.

If only I didn't call her out that night. If only I didn't pressure her that night, all these wouldn't have happened.

All my fault.

I'm so sorry, Hilary. I'm so sorry.

"You know how much I don't like it when you don't pay attention to me whenever I'm speaking."

The deep voice of my father, pierced through my mind trip, jerking me back to reality. I swallowed, hearing the obvious irk in his voice and I turned to face him. His face was stone hard as he glared at me and I swallowed again, looking away from his intense gaze that wouldn't stop shooting daggers at me.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He thundered and my head jolted back up, my eyes meeting his fiery ones.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, trying not to look away from his intense gaze.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm sorry, sir," I repeated properly, bowing in respect for the man I had no other choice but to call my father. Senator Kingsley Okojie.

We were seated at the owner's corner of my father's very own customized Grand Cherokee, in the parking lot of the school. As soon as we got in, my personal bodyguard, Tola, who had driven is here parked the car and stepped out to give me and my dad privacy, as he has always done. But I was pretty sure he knew exactly everything that went on in this car.