030b - On a Date Part 2

(030b - On A Date Part 2)

Just like I said on IG (for those that saw the post on my story), I had to divide the chapter and transfer the remaining to the next because what I thought would serve as an introduction to their date has taken the entire chapter. See the length sef and it's only an introduction 🤣💔.

I just hope you enjoy this chapter because it's just an intro. and it might not be all that interesting. But don't worry, in the next two updates, y'all will just be "awwwning" upandan 😌.

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

𝐃𝐀𝐖𝐍
(Dawn Damipe Dayo)

I growled out in utter frustration and plopped down on my bed, tightening the towel around my body for the umpteenth time.

"How many times will I have to go through my wardrobe before I find a nice cloth to wear for this date?" I complained, looking at the heaps and litters of cloths on the bed, the sofa, the vanity stool, and the floor.

"I only have one and a half hours to get ready. Chima would be here any minute." I grumbled again, looking up at Dunni, who stood in the middle of my mess, hands akimbo. She also looked frustrated, but not nearly as frustrated as I was.

I was the one going on a date in about an hour and I'm still clad in a towel, my hair divided into parts and packed in Flexi rods, completely clueless as to what I'd wear. Of course, I'd be frustrated.

Chima texted me all the details of the date immediately after I got home on Wednesday. Actually, he only texted me the day and the time he'd come to pick me up, but he said nothing about the venue or where he was taking me to, telling me that it was a surprise. I wasn't even bothered about it because I trusted him. I really trusted him.

The issue with the venue, however, was that I had no idea where we were going so I wasn't sure how to dress. And when I told him about it, Chima simply said "dress comfortably".

I have absolutely no idea what that meant.

It's a date! My first date! What did "dress comfortably" mean?

What exactly am I even supposed to do on a first date?

"Dunni, please na." I pleaded and she looked at me. "I brought you here to help me pick an outfit but you are just standing there, looking at me like something I don't know." I pouted.

"I should pick an outfit for you?" She asked incredulously like I had asked for the most absurd thing ever. "If I pick an outfit for you, you might end up going on this date looking like a masquerade. You have more fashion sense than I do, shey you don't know ni."

"If I slap you!" I thundered and she burst into laughter like I was cracking the biggest joke of the year.

Dunni was enjoying this, because I don't understand how someone that's wearing a two-piece bodysuit, a grey short sleeve low-neck top that was held together with a knot in front, and marching grey boat cut pants will say she has no fashion sense.