033 - E Shock You?

(033 - E Shock You?)

I forgot to add this in the last author's note. Now we know what happened to Jidenna's mum because a lot of people have been asking where she is. Don't forget that simple detail about Jidenna's life, as well as the detail of how his brothers left.

If you understand, you understand.

The beginning of this chapter will be pretty interactive, so please hear your opinions and views. Also, don't skip anything biko. Some readers just used to scheme through the chapters which isn't good. So, biko...

Enjoy❤️✨

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

CHILD ABUSE

Our Civic teacher, Mr. Adebiyi wrote boldly on the whiteboard with his red marker, before turning around to look at the class. I uncapped my pen and wrote down the topic in my notebook, noticing that it was quite familiar.

"Haven't we done this topic before?" Semeeha asked, whispering to me. I shrugged, looking back at the man that was waiting for everyone to finish writing. Seems like I'm not the only one that noticed the familiar topic.

"I know what some of you are thinking," Mr. Adebiyi began, catching all of our attention. "Many of you are quite familiar with this topic because you have done it sometime in SS1." He stated and there was a murmur of agreement from the class.

I knew it.

"Today is going to be very interactive." The young teacher continued, looking around the class. "Your external exams will soon begin so consider this as a way of refreshing your mind." He stated. I dropped my pen on the table and leaned back.

If the class is going to be interactive, I doubt we'd be writing a lot of notes.

"First of all, what is Child Abuse?" He asked, and immediately several hands went up, indicating that they want to answer the question. "Collins," Mr. Adebiyi pointed to the boy at the back.

Everyone automatically turned around on their seat to look at him.

"Child abuse is when a child is being physically abused by a parent or anyone in general." His definition was simple and the teacher nodded.

"Not exactly but good try. Can I get a broader definition of the term?" He looked back at the class, scanning around for anyone before his eyes landed on me. "Hilary, give us a broader definition."

Weeks ago, I'd have been too embarrassed to bet up on my feet to answer the question, not wanting the attention to be on me. But now, I was getting over it gradually. My name was dying on everyone's lips and that was all I've ever wanted.