065a - The Inevitable Part 1

(065a - The Inevitable Part 1)

I had to divide this chapter into two because of how lengthy it was getting. So, for people that were expecting Simi and his Dad having a banter in this chapter, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but it will be in the next... and I'm not sure when I'll be chanced to update that. Soon, I hope.

But oh well, let's enjoy this chapter

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀(Simisola André Jordan)

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀
(Simisola André Jordan)

You know that moment, when your body is certain that it has gotten enough sleep, even to last a lifetime. When your body is certain that it's already day break, and it's time for you to wake up and get out of bed. When you can sense that the entire world is awake, except you.

That's precisely how I was feeling currently, even in my pseudo-unconscious state.

And from a distance, I could hear the birds twittering and cars moving on the road, people talking on the streets. That was enough to tell me that it was time to get up as well.

But I would rather not wake up, even though I knew it was time to.

I still didn't want to.

Maybe because deep down, despite my semi-consciousness, I knew that waking up would mean I'd have to face the painful and awful reality that was yesterday. The painful and dreadful reality that I was yet to come to terms with. Waking up would mean I'd have to face it... eventually.

And I wasn't ready for that.

Not now. Not yet, at least.

All I wanted to do was sleep and keep sleeping, and continue to hope that it was all one bad dream that I'll soon wake up from.

But it wasn't. And I knew I wasn't.

And I also knew that I'd have to wake up eventually, maybe sooner because it might seem like I was dead if I slept any longer than that. And as much as I wish I could stay in bed all day, shielding myself from reality, heaven knows I'm not that kind of person.

Besides, being unproductive would make me think about it more, right? I need to keep my mind as busy as possible.

So, I forced my eyes open, squinting slightly when the ray of sunlight from the window directly opposite the bed penetrated and nearly blinded me, causing a sharp pain to pierce through my skull.

"Urghh!"

I groaned, turning away from the window to face the wall on the other side. I stayed still, allowing my eyes to adjust and take in my unfamiliar surroundings. Soon, it started to make sense to me and everything wasn't unfamiliar anymore.