028 - Miserable and Empty.

(028 - Miserable and Empty.)

Why do I feel this chapter might make you guys laugh, and then cry 🤧. Let's see sha. Brace yourselves o.

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

𝐉𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐍𝐀
(Jidenna Leo Okojie)

"What's going on? You completely flopped your test and that's a shock!" He added.

A deep, exhausted breath escaped my lips as I left the class and began to walk through the hallway.

Just like every other test we had this week, maths was just an addition to the complete flop of basically all my tests.

But failing my tests wasn't a shock to me like it was to everyone else. I didn't prepare and I wasn't the kind of person that would pass even when I don't read for a test or an exam. God knows, every exam and test I've been passing all these while, I would have failed them if I wasn't already compelled to either bring home the best result... or die.

A compulsion ingrained in my entire being by my father since the beginning of my existence.

You'd expect me to fidget and be terrified right now. Given that I failed every single one of my first tests, I should be getting ready for anything my father would do to me. But honestly, that was the least of my problems right now.

Yes, with the kind of father I have, I should be more bothered and concerned that I failed and he'd kill me once he finds out. But he was out of the country and won't be back in at least two months, so whatever he'd do to me will just have to wait.

What I was more bothered about, however, were the reactions of my classmates after the announcement of yet another failed CA test. I couldn't get their faces out of my mind... their shocked faces when they realized that the Jidenna Okojie failed all his subjects.

Let's not even get started on the snarky comments.

"Maybe Beauty fucked his intelligence out,"

Someone had whispered that statement behind me in class today after corper Toseen had dropped the bomb, followed by fits of snickering and mock-filled laughter. There was nothing I could do... or dare to do. With the gist on Beauty and I still going around since the party, my failed tests weren't helping matters at all.

I have never been at the receiving end of my classmates' wrath. This was a first and trust me, it sucked, big time. Tekena said he'd fix this. It's been almost what? almost two weeks? I haven't even gotten a hold of him all week because of the test.

Wait a minute... I suddenly paused in the middle of the busy hallway, my mind working in overdrive.

He told me that he had taken care of Beauty and she was going to shut up. This means someone else has been bringing it back up. Someone that has a background knowledge of what Beauty and I did.