074 - Reassurance and Less Awkward Family Introductions.

(074 - Reassurance and Less Awkward Family Introductions.)

Missed Me?

Yeah, I missed me too😂.

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who checked up on me.

Let's go! 🔥

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀(Simisola André Jordan)

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀
(Simisola André Jordan)

I am not the strongest person I know.

Not by a mile.

For as long as I can remember, life has always felt like an uphill battle for me, a constant struggle against the weight of people's expectations and the setbacks I have received for more than half of my life.

But still, I have managed to hold my ground.

What have I not battled with? Was it the academic storms that left my self-esteem battered and in shambles? Or was it my father's disappointment when he realized over time that I wasn't the son he probably prayed for?

And then there's the discovery of my learning disability which made me feel like the entire school system was out to get me, ready to grab me by the neck and choke the life out of my dreams and aspirations.

These were things that tried to hold me back way before I became a legal adult, things that almost made me feel like my life wasn't moving forward.

Yet, I managed to keep my head up, walking around with a chip on my shoulders as a shield against this judgmental world, knowing I was destined for way more than what this cruel world had to offer me, knowing that I'd rather the whole world burn than for it to see me break.

I wasn't the strongest person I knew, but I sure as hell was a fighter, tackling everything that came my way head-on with determination and resilience.

But nothing, absolutely nothing prepared me for what life hit me with next. The heart-wrenching blow that was my mum's diagnosis. And that was enough to make my shoulders heavy with dejection, sadness, and fear.

Life has dealt me its cruelest blows, and all the resilience and determination I thought I had has dissolved and dissipated into thin air. And I realized that no matter how hard I tried to keep up with the attitude of a fighter, I was no longer strong enough to keep fighting.