065b - The Inevitable Part 2

(065b - The Inevitable Part 2)

120k Views!🔥

Okay! I see y'all! Thank you guys so much for not giving up on this book. Omo, this landmark even came at a very timely period. The past week was so hectic for me, so trying, but seeing the progress this book has made, made it all worth it🔥.

There can only be one ALMOST UNFIXABLE. Every other one is a counterfeit!😌.

Simi will do something in this chapter that will make y'all proud... or disappointed. It depends on how deep you take this "respect your elders" thing.

Let's Dive. Don't drown🌚.

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀(Simisola André Jordan)

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀
(Simisola André Jordan)

But it didn't take long for that feeling of protection to fade away.

As soon as she was out of my view, and we were out of the streets and into the road that lead to the highway, that feeling of protection that came with Hilary watching me dissipated into thin air, and was replaced with immense sadness, and a weird sense of vulnerability.

She wasn't around to shield me anymore.

It was a subtle reminder that I wasn't mentally, emotionally, and even physically prepared for what I was on my way to see... or rather, who I was on my way to see.

My mum.

And what was worse, Toyosi sitting in the car and all I could think about was how things might- would have gone differently if she had told me the truth from the very beginning.

If it was only Dad that kept it away from me, I wouldn't have been so shocked. Hell, it's been a while since that man regarded me as someone important or worthy of his attention, so to him, he owes me nothing and I have grown to accept that.

But Toyosi?

She was the last person I expected to do this to me.

One month. She held back on the truth for one month.

The disappointment was an understatement of how I felt.

I felt- feel betrayed. To the core.

I could feel her eyes on me occasionally, glancing at me when her eyes weren't fixated on the road. She wanted to speak, to say something to me but didn't know how to start. I wasn't ready to give her that luxury by breaking the ice, even though I knew for a fact that she'd try to start up a conversation before we get to the hospital.

Toyosi cannot hold a grudge. Neither can I, but I was better at it than her. She can't stand anyone holding a grudge against her either. One person will have to yield and that one person is always her.