017a ‑ The Paragon Part 1

(017a - The Paragon Part 1)

Happy New Month Guys! And Happy Independence Day!!

I decided to rush this update for you guys so that you'll start the new month on a good Almost Unfixable note 😌.

This chapter is the official beginning of my collab with vilalove09 's book "INTRICACY". The Paragon is about to start.

And for those of you that have been waiting patiently for Simi and Hilary to make another appearance together, today might be your lucky day🌚.

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐘
(Hilary Idara Eghosa)

The school was very rowdy.

Not many students were in class, everyone roaming the length and breadth of the hallway, clad in the school's customized tracksuit. This wasn't only because today was Friday, Crestview's official sports day. It was also because this was the day of the Paragon, one of the biggest events of the school year.

Almost all the senior students were in the stadium, mostly the guys because a majority of them were involved in the activities of the day. It was still very early in the day, the students of Laurels International College were yet to show up so all that was happening right now was a last-minute warm-up. Everyone was looking forward to this event.

I was too.

But I wasn't going to be participating in it like I used to because I have developed aquaphobia, a byproduct of ASD. Though, I've been able to look at a pool without wanting to pass out or barf my guts out. But I can't go into a pool without having flashbacks.

I finally got a chance to speak to my therapist, on phone but not in person. Even though she seemed like a nice person over the phone, I was still very skeptical about the whole thing but I had no choice in the matter.

Everyone wanted me to get better and by everyone, I mean my parents and my friends. I also wanted to get better, but having a therapist meant that I would have to open up about everything that has been going on in school to a stranger... when I have not even been able to open up completely to my parents.

What's the likelihood that she won't tell my parents what has been happening in school after opening up to her?

There were a lot of questions going on in my mind. And I think I'm getting more anxious about meeting this woman because I was supposed to meet her tomorrow for the first time. I couldn't feel anything except anxiety.

I felt a soft nudge in my rib and I turned to my side to see Dawn looking at me. It was then I remembered that Semeeha had gone to change to her tracksuit and we were waiting for her, gisting to buy time when I trailed off in my thoughts. My eyes scanned around the class and I realized we were the only ones still seated.