045 - Secrets

(045 - Secrets)

60K VIEWS GUYS🥳🍾🎉🎊

All of you that want Chima to kiss you, he now has an official girlfriend o. So take your two left legs and leave this place. Unless you want Dawn to sit on your head😌🌚.

I'm sure y'all want to know how Aunty Kendra is doing 🥺❤️. Me sef I want to know. Simi will tell us.

P. S. Chapter 43, 44, this chapter 45, the next chapter 46 all happened on the same day. That's a sort of hint. I hope you guys pick up on the reasons why I'm telling you this as you read the book.

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀(Simisola André Jordan)

𝐒𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐀
(Simisola André Jordan)

"Well done, sir,"

The security man hailed as soon as he saw that it was me behind the wheels. I smiled at him, reaching into the glove compartment of the car to fish out a few thousand notes I kept there solely for him and slipped them into his hand.

"Use it to buy something for yourself," I told him and he nodded vigorously, his smile widening almost to the length of his ear when he counted the money and saw how much it was.

"Thank you, sir! God will bless you, sir! You and your generation will not lack anything in this life o..."

He started praying for me and I chuckled, waving at him before driving further into the lot of the hospital, parking in the free, unreserved space I saw. Turning off the ignition, I took in a deep breath, turning the rearview mirror to my side to stare at my face, smiling back at my reflection.

I was in a rather good mood today. A very good mood.

Mum was getting discharged. Finally.

I've missed her so much. So, so much.

It's not like I've not been seeing her since she got admitted, but there's a huge difference between coming to the hospital every day after school to see her and having her at home with me or waking up to her voice every single morning. I wanted the latter more than anything. Especially since it's just me and Dad at home alone now.

Imagine the awkwardness.

Though he spends a majority of his time at the hospital, sleeping over most days of the week and on the weekends, the times Dad has been at home with me haven't been the most pleasant. Not like he did or said anything, it has just been weird.

We were like two strangers living under the same roof. We have drifted so far apart that we barely have something to talk about except my academics. Now that my academics was growing on a steady... and I mean very slow and steady, the only person we talk about is Mum's health improvement which was majorly a monotonous conversation.